Lead Financial Analyst
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
When you enter a finance and accounting position at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you'll find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you'll find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees' careers.
The Lead Financial Analyst independently develops thorough financial plans and analyzes and reports on results in a deadline focused environment. Uses increasing expertise to manage the accurate completion of the team`s assignments while developing the capabilities of teammates. Uses business acumen and strong analytical expertise to perform complex ad hoc analysis. Communicates financial results, trends, and business implications to senior management and other groups at the appropriate level of detail. Proactively leads increasingly innovative efforts to continuously improve processes to ensure work is performed as efficiently as possible.
Liberty Mutual Surety, a business unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance, is the 2nd largest Surety in the United States and a leading global surety. Conducting business worldwide through fronting relationships and Liberty-owned subsidiaries, we provide bonds in over 60 countries for construction firms, manufacturers and suppliers, and commercial enterprises on an account and transactional basis. We are committed to building mutually profitable relationships by providing smart business solutions, ease of doing business, and consistent, responsive service. Liberty Mutual Surety is dedicated to the communities we serve and highly values a diverse workforce in more than 16 countries.
- Develops ad hoc and on-going financial forecasts and models that assist the business in making decisions, effectively communicating trends and outcomes.
- Assist in the creation and updating of the Rolling Forecast and the annual plan.
- Support development and preparation of monthly/quarterly P&L results.
- Perform trend analysis including analyzing, validating, and explaining key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Manages the development of accurate budgets and financial plans by effective planning, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Collaborates with management and business areas across the organization to explain the budget or financial planning process, identify factors impacting expenses or financial trends, highlight opportunities for improvement and create effective exhibits to explain the business plan.
- Create and update Power BI dashboards.
- Drives the production of complex management reports and associated results analysis, using business acumen and analytical ability to lead the team in identifying business drivers of results and communicating them effectively.
- Trains others on financial systems and manages key interfaces and interdependencies. May make recommendations for enhancements to financial systems and associated processes, and participate in or lead their implementation.
- Continually assesses the business value and efficiency of the work performed, identifying and implementing improvements. Initiates and/or leads increasingly complex department projects and continuous improvement activities that may span beyond the scope of own team`s responsibilities.
- Bachelor`s degree (Finance or Accounting) required.
- CPA, or CPA track or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of finance experience.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to drive results.
- Planning software experience preferred.
- Communicates well with own team and across organizational boundaries to ensure the successful completion of shared goals.
- Comfortable leading meetings and able to communicate issues and trends to senior management and other groups at the appropriate level of detail.
- Solid understanding of Finance Tools and Analytical Methods.