Principal DevOps Software Engineer, BL Technology
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We endeavor to create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our DevOps Team in GRM US Business Lines Technology. If selected, you will have the opportunity to leverage your skills with cloud-based technology to build tools and solutions used to support quality initiatives and enable the deployment of applications to production. You will work with modern CI/CD tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, Sauce Labs, Selenium, Git, and AWS.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Technical problem solver: Going far beyond simply developing error-free source code, test scripts, components and system architectures, you'll document and build deployment guides aimed at maintaining robust, relevant software
- Customer-centric engineer: Putting clients' needs first, you'll translate customer requirements into technical applications and support the implementation of new software
- Motivated mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers
- Forward thinker: Merely fixing a problem isn't enough – using your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll also identify opportunities to enhance performance, quality and efficiency
- Mentors others to improve the overall effectiveness of our DevOps practices
- Provides direct and responsive support for deployment needs
- Translates loosely defined requirements into DevOps solutions
- Develop effective, defect-free source code that meets business requirements and team standards using the following tech stack: AWS, Java, Spring, DNA, DocumentDB, Kafka, Lambda, S3, RESTful services, Docker
- Scoping of work in backlog to aid in predictability of feature delivery.
- Uses coding or scripting languages to deliver automation.
- Collaborates with engineers to brainstorm about how to solve complex technological infrastructure, security, and development problems.
- Performs incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- Works with engineers on the design, deployment, and continuous improvement of important infrastructure services (i.e. logging, monitoring and alerting)
- Provides input into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement of eCLIQ service composability and availability.
- Continuously raises our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- Troubleshoots and resolve issues in development, test, and production environments.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with CI/CD practices & Dev Ops Principles
- Experience with modern Full-Stack Engineering
- Hands-on involvement with layered systems architectures, designs and shared software concepts
- Familiarity with functional and system integration testing
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of professional experience.
- Experience Agile Software Development methodologies
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, Bamboo, or Jenkins
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python
- Knowledge CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices.
- Strong enterprise-level software development experience in an object-oriented language, preferably Java/J2EE.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.