Counsel, Home Office - Cybersecurity, Brand, and Marketing
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Liberty Mutual Insurance has an exciting opportunity available for a highly qualified attorney who is either a specialist or highly experienced generalist handling complex legal assignments. As a Home Office Counsel, you will provide legal advice and carry out actions which have an impact upon the rights, privileges and responsibilities of the Company while maintaining high standards of legal and business ethics and professional responsibility.
- Represents and advises the Company in substantial legal and business transactions which require legal expertise and generally involve a high degree of original and creative legal endeavor, evaluation of complex or novel issues, or vigorous adverse parties.
- Advises client department managers; participates as requested in the formulation of policy for the Company.
- Performs comprehensive research in assigned areas of specialization; directs, focuses and refines comprehensive research of others.
- Provide legal guidance to and collaborate with Global Cybersecurity, Privacy, and other business teams as part of security investigations and incident response activities.
- Review and track security related contractual obligations & legislation.
- Support the Security teams on cybersecurity and other related legal matters.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other legal teams, including Privacy, Litigation, Commercial, Employment, and Public Affairs on various cybersecurity-related matters.
- Review and prepare responses to requests from law enforcement or government agencies.
- Provide practical and strategic advice and counseling to internal clients while balancing risk and business objectives.
- Working closely with the Global Cybersecurity, Privacy, and Public Affairs teams, advise the Company about proposed and implemented global cybersecurity laws, regulations, and initiatives.
- Provide legal guidance and strategy for the Enterprise Brand team on advertising and marketing campaigns, intellectual property issues, public relations support, and social media matters.
- Assist the Enterprise Security team with various legal matters.
- May assign, direct and review the work of other attorneys, law clerks and paralegals.
- May prepare and conduct training sessions for internal clients.
- Maintains current knowledge of legal issues and developments in the law.
- Other duties may vary according to practice group.
Requirements include excellent analytic, legal writing and communication skills, client focus, managing multiple priorities, attention to detail, familiarity with corporate operations and SBU objectives, and demonstrated ability to interact with Company personnel as well as outside counsel and representatives of other companies and adversaries. Within certain practice groups, requires expert knowledge of a specialized area of law. Completion of law school with a J.D. or L.L.B. degree and admission to the bar of at least one jurisdiction in the United States required. Generally requires at least eight years` experience as a practicing attorney.