CorVel is seeking a UR Intake Specialist to work in our Roseville office. The UR Intake Specialist provides staff support services including typing reports and correspondence, file handling and forms completion in addition to answering incoming telephone calls, supporting the goals of the Utilization Review / Case Management department, and of CorVel.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes calls relating to precertification requests.
- Verifies that all patient, provider and facility information entered in system is accurate and up to date.
- Enters request for service in CareMC program.
- Enters notes into CareMC system for documentation of utilization review requests.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Additional duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Effective multi-tasking skills in a high-volume, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet designated deadlines
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via all methods of communication.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- A.A. degree or equivalent preferred.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable