Underwriting Assistant II - Commercial
An Underwriting Assistant II plays a vital role in ensuring profitability, applying underwriting technical knowledge to our portfolio, and providing excellent customer service to our agents. A Underwriting Assistant II will have responsibilities such as underwriting endorsements to determine acceptability, reviewing renewals under $25,000, involvement in book reviews, and processing other common transactions. What makes this position unique from other typical Underwriting Assistant roles is the structured upward mobility potential, being able to work autonomously, the opportunity for individuals to have an impactful voice to adjust the roles approach to meet the changing demands of the market place and technological advancements to provide great customer service.
Commercial Insurance Solutions Overview
Commercial Insurance Solutions (CIS) is the standard lines division of Hallmark Financial Services Inc. that provides property and casualty insurance products for small and medium-sized business. We offer Property, General Liability, Automobile, Umbrella, Crime, EPLI, Cyber, E&O, and Inland Marine coverage's We are based in our corporate headquarters in Dallas, TX. CIS is currently filed in 16 states and plans to expand annually.
At Hallmark we know that our most valuable resources are our employees. We take pride in our workforce, cultivating an atmosphere that supports independence, creativity, collaboration, and accountability for results.
CIS Core Appetite: Will continue to expand in time.
· Contractors · Retail · Manufacturing · Business Services
· Professional Services · Restaurants · Automobile Services
· Distributors · Hospitality · Real Estate
We have a team of remote based Territory Underwriters, that reside in the same geography as their agency assignment. To support the Territory Underwriters, we have a Service Center that manages standard transactions for the renewal book, reviews loss control surveys, and renewals under $25,000. The service center is in a zone structure operating in a pool environment, with multiple position types that are structured to be responsible for certain task types based on complexity.
· Review, underwrite, and approve endorsement requests such as adding new lines of coverage to existing insureds, cancellation and reinstatements, form related questions, and adjusting property limits.
· Responsible for reviewing renewals under $25,000 that meet specific criteria for special or unique handling.
· Ownership to co-manage and prioritize individual and team’s responsibilities to meet time service standards and customer needs.
· 5+ years of commercial multi-line underwriting exposure.
· Working knowledge of standard lines coverages and the lines of business that we offer.
· General understanding of the nuances of the classes of businesses we insure.
· Clear, concise, and effective oral and written communication skills.
· Able to work autonomously, be self-motivated, be collaborative, and work effectively in a team environment.
· Capable in the Microsoft Office product suite.
· Experience with Coverall 2015 and ImageRight preferred, but not mandatory.