Field Property Claims Adjuster
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Are you looking to use your customer service skills in a role where you can see that you are making a difference in people's lives? Are you looking for a position that allows you to do meaningful and innovative work in a culture of continuous improvement? Do you want a career with endless opportunities for growth?
As a member of the Property Claims Team, you will play a vital role in providing an outstanding customer experience by using your investigative and negotiation skills to resolve a variety of homeowner claims in a fast paced, detail-oriented, team environment. In this role, you will travel to the loss site to conduct thorough analysis. Every day is a new exciting challenge, as our Property Claims Adjusters use cutting edge homeowner's products and services to help our customers through the claims process.
The field property claims adjuster will be traveling to insured homes within the Greenville, SC area. In order to be successful within the role, candidates should live within this area or very close to.
In this role you will:
- Investigates, determines coverage of loss and adjusts all elements of Property Loss claims.
- Conducts inspections of loss sites, writes appraisals for dwelling repairs and issues payment to policyholders where possible. May work with a Liberty network contractor in the appraisal process. Ability to independently scope losses.
- Explains coverage of loss, assists policyholders with itemization of damages, emergency repairs and additional living arrangements.
- Works with and may coordinate a number of vendor services such as contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services.
- Identifies suspicious losses. Recommends referral to SIU where appropriate and may assist the SIU in their investigation and settling of the claim.
- May be called upon for catastrophe duty. For Catastrophe (CAT) roles, investigative fieldwork includes a high amount of travel to claim location.
This role may be for you if you have:
Requires knowledge of coverages provided within various homeowner policies.
Capable of writing structural damage estimates of moderate to severe losses.
Effective negotiation skills.
Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgment.
Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills. Computer skills with the ability to work with multi-faceted systems and analytical skills.
The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and at least 2 years of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.