Are You Driven?® We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, It is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCO's work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. That's because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a High Exposure Team Leader do at GAINSCO?
- To lead, manage and develop the Home Office High Exposure Claims Unit. Attract and retain top talent, which delivers results in a high productivity environment; develop and maintain a high performance culture, which delivers industry leading Claims perfor
- Accomplishes department results by setting and communicating clear goals which are meaningful and have an impact on the company's financial success; assessing individual performance; providing feedback on productivity and quality; coaching and training employees; conducting meetings; responding to inquiries.
- Maintains workflow by assuring prompt and accurate handling of assignments; corresponding with insureds, claimants and attorneys as necessary; attending mediations and trials; monitors severity and expenditures to determine potential high-risk claims exposures.
- Ensures adherence to Company policies and procedures by reviewing Claim Representative files for accuracy; follow company's performance management processes; approving claims and requests above the pre-set authority limits; responding to Department of Insurance complaints; ensures legal compliance by documenting findings and recommendations.
- Maintains quality service by proactively communicating with staff, upper management and key personnel in various departments; responding to customer complaints in a timely manner.
What is required?
- College degree required
- At least 7-10 years experience in property damage and bodily injury claims.
- Must have prior litigation experience, with expertise in handling high exposure or serious injury claims.
- Must have knowledge of automobile damage, mechanisms of bodily injury, medical terminology, settlement negotiations and insurance case law.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Appropriate jurisdictional experience required.
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must possess the ability to lead and motivate employees.
- Train, coach and teach others.
- Monitor and assess performance, providing feedback to the employees and supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- Efficiently manage own time and the time of others.
- Exercise objective judgment and critical decision-making.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify approaches and solutions to problems.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Valid Adjuster License.
Required behaviors for all positions:
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
- Parental Leave Policy
- 401K + Company Match
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Gainsco Auto Insurance
GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish). If you are looking for a strong stable company with a fast paced environment this is the place for you. At GAINSCO Auto Insurance we take pride in our employees and recognize the importance of strengthening and expanding their skills so they can grow as we grow. We offer an excellent benefits package to our full time employees, which include: Paid Vacation and Holidays; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Life and AD&D Insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan.