Shared Economy Project Manager (Remote-Home Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Come work on a team that has built a very unique business insuring many of the "Who's Who" in the emerging Shared Economy space. At Allstate, we recognize that in the Shared Economy, people want to insure their possessions differently. And protect themselves. As individuals become budding entrepreneurs, standard Personal or Commercial Insurance gets blurred.
• You might have rented a room in someone else's house on your last vacation.
• You might use an app on your phone to get a ride across town.
• You might earn money while you're at work, by offering short-term rental of your car.
Our Business Insurance division is looking for Shared Economy Project Manager to help our team bring unique insurance solutions to market.
As a member of our Shared Economy Team, you will be involved in implementing, managing and monitoring insurance solutions for risks in the Shared Economy space from a systems perspective as we coordinate Shared Economy new and existing business programs. You will develop into a subject matter expert and system thinker for complex issues that require highly innovative and creative solutions to the standard Commercial Insurance program.Key Responsibilities
• Directs strategic initiatives and/or level project/programs of moderate complexity and impact
• Leads problem resolution from identification through resolution. Engages appropriate resources to resolve problems and identifies contingency plans and alternative solutions as needed
• Customizes solutions for issues typically involving executive leadership
• Drives achievement of projects/program success factors
• Represents the projects/program and its objectives in all governance/compliance/regulatory and gating forums
• Drives project execution. Provide direction and oversight throughout project lifecycle to project team to meet applicable business requirements
• Engages appropriate stakeholders in risk identification and mitigation
• Assess and reports health of all projects in an objective manner, maintaining project transparency and accurate status; keeping manager, delivery area and portfolio manager informed
• Proactively identifies, resolves, and escalates (as needed) projects/program risks/issues to manager, portfolio manager and delivery area as needed
• Identifies, coordinates, and communicates project dependency impact
• Builds and leverages strong relationships with internal partners including Underwriting, Marketing, IT, Legal, Compliance and Claims to form consensus on and move to needed actions
• Prioritizes and manages initiatives as assigned
This job does not have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 3 or more years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• PMP Certification
• Demonstrate track record in delivering moderately complex projects and/or programs with a strong focus on execution
• Good written/verbal communication and facilitation skills for communicating at all levels; including strong presentation skills
• Demonstrate strong skills in team leadership and conflict management
Compensation range for this position is $70,000 - $110,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.