Associate Premium Auditor/Premium Auditor I
Our professional auditors are integral to our company's mission by ensuring the financial integrity of premium development. In this role, you will examine policyholders' operations and financial records to ensure exposures (such as payroll, sales, fixed assets) are accurately calculated within strict insurance guidelines and communicate audit findings through detailed formal reports. As a Premium Auditor, you will work out of your home, when not traveling to policyholders' locations.
- Perform examination of policyholders' accounting and financial records to ensure accurate calculation of earned premium for smaller, less complex risks.
- Ensure that audited exposures (payroll, sales, fixed assets, etc.) are accurately calculated within strict insurance guidelines.
- Communicate audit findings through detailed formal reports supported by audit workpapers.
- Review appropriate audit documentation and/or company policy systems, to determine auditable exposures and coverages provided by the policy and plan audit strategy.
- Investigate policyholder operations to obtain actual exposures, verify classifications as they apply to the policy and ensure conformity to various state laws and insurance regulations for the appropriate audit period.
- Prepare detailed work papers and written correspondence in support of audit findings.
- Identify issues to be communicated and socialize the audit information to appropriate stakeholders (i.e., Central Processing, Distribution, Underwriting, Agent/Broker, etc.) to elaborate on current risk conditions or initiate necessary changes to the policy contract. With minimal oversight, schedule audit appointments with policyholders taking into account priority of assignments, and location within assigned territory.
- Exhibit effective workload management skills through efficient time utilization including managing work-in-process and documenting progress for appropriate stakeholders/management.
- Perform routine administrative tasks such as: Time Tracking Expense Reports, Mileage Reports, etc.
- As requested, assist with complex audits and/or special projects.
Please note: This posting is open to multiple levels. Compensation will vary based on experience, education, and location.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.