Analyst II/Assistant Director, Data Science
Liberty Mutual's newly formed Global Risk Solutions (GRS) organization is seeking a professional that can drive the development and implementation of predictive analytics solutions across various businesses in an $11B NWP portfolio. In this role, you will work side by side with data scientists, and interacting heavily with underwriters, regional actuaries and engineers to tackle challenging initiatives aimed at improving pricing sophistication or efficiency growth to enable the profitable growth in the medium-large commercial insurance and specialty space.
About GRS Predictive Analytics:
- What do we do: Extract knowledge or insights from data to underwriting decision process.
- How do we do it: Leverage data science and actuarial techniques plus business expertise to develop predictive models
- Why do we do it: Arm our underwriters with best in-class tools to gain competitive advantage
This position requires candidates with experience in data preparation and analysis, statistical methods and tools, predictive model building technique and knowledge of insurance products. Strong in technical skills and project management. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
- Develop predictive models that help make triaging, pricing or other business decisions.
- Utilizes advanced analytics techniques to solve business problems. May regularly utilize, update and improve internal predictive modeling tools (R packages and Python modules).
- Work extensively with key stakeholders across GRS to understand business needs, vet opportunities, and deliver analytically based solutions and tools to drive business results.
- Work with software engineers to carry analytical solutions through deployment phase.
- Develop & deliver presentations to communicate technical ideas and analytical finding to non-technical partners and stakeholders, including underwriters and IT technicians.
- Manages low to moderately complex projects, while providing technical and analytical assessments of issues facing the business.
- Drive projects execution and implement a robust plan for measuring success.
- May lead discussions with senior leadership at the department or functional level
- Competencies typically acquired through bachelor's degree (in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science or other scientific field of study) plus 4+ years of related experience, or a master's degree and 2-3 years of relevant experience, or a Ph.D. degree with some or no professional experience.
- Understanding of advanced techniques in statistics and predictive analytics. Ability to frame business questions and practices in analytic terms.
- Demonstrated proficiency in R or Python.
- Advanced education is preferred but not required.
- Prior knowledge of property/casualty insurance industry preferred but not required.
- Frontend and/or backend engineering knowledge/experience, and/or model deployment experience a plus.
- Must have good planning, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.