Subrogation Recovery Claims Examiner
This position reports to the Liability Claims Manager and has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position is responsible for the examination of claims and assessment of Subrogation potential and to initiate and manage subrogation recovery activities, as appropriate, in accordance with Association standards.
A college degree and prior liability claims experience is preferred, including liability assessment and analysis. Familiarity with changing insurance contracts, laws and regulations is beneficial. Must be familiar with Alternative Dispute Resolution methods, including a basic litigation understanding. Must be able to work independently, have computer proficiency, maintain confidentiality and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. An ability to maintain an active diary system is also helpful.
- Responsible for reviewing potential subrogation claim files, at any stage, to ensure proper identification of files for Subrogation recovery.
- Provide supporting documentation to insurance carriers and/or responsible parties to initiate recovery.
- Actively monitor assigned files and communicate with at-fault parties regarding the status of recovery efforts.
- Negotiate acceptable recovery amounts and process those receipts appropriately within the claims system.
- Refer files to external vendors or attorneys, when files warrant, to assist in recovery.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
In order to complete the essential functions of this position in a complete and timely fashion, the person in this position must be able to:
- Sit and remain in a stationary position for 90% of the time.
- Operate a computer and other office productivity equipment as needed to meet the requirements of this position.
- Read and create both physical and electronic documents.
- Effectively communicate with employees, customers, vendors and other individuals both inside and outside the organization on the telephone, in writing and in person.
- Think analytically, concentrate on assigned tasks, observe and remember detail, and make decisions sufficient to meet the requirements of this position.
- Ability to travel as needed to meet the requirements of this position.
Apply for Subrogation Recovery Claims Examiner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly