CorVel in Portland, OR is seeking a Data Analyst. The Data Analyst team works with large volumes of data from multiple vendors and regulatory bodies that are used in connection with our proprietary Bill Review System.
The ideal candidate will possess a keen attention to detail and the experience to work with large amounts of data. You have the patience to listen and understand, and the confidence to ask questions.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).\
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
Major responsibilities include:
- Work with team members, software engineers, and other departments to gain expertise with medical review data/state regulations and how it functions in the production environments.
- Ensure maintenance and addition of data /rule regulation elements are thoroughly reviewed and have passed quality assurance checks prior to production release
- Follow team protocol for updating, recording and organizing documentation
- Identify, document, and communicate all issues discovered during data/rule updates
- Interact with software engineers, technical staff and state experts to help identify, analyze, and resolve issues as they arise.
- Complete assigned updates under expected turn-around time.
- Follow quality assurance guidelines, processes and procedures as determined by department manager.
- Prioritize tasks, work independently and as a team member with minimal supervision
- Notify state experts and stakeholders of updates prior to being released.
- Follow established escalation protocol as issue arise that may cause back-log of release expectations.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Demonstrated analytic, problem-solving skills, and technical leadership
- Exposure to application development fundamentals
- Demonstrated ability to produce consistent, quality work under deadlines
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Health industry and /or insurance billing experience a plus
- SQL experience or related database query experience
- Medical Bill coding
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable