Cloud Security Engineer - Vault
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
**We are open to applicants to work from our Allstate strategic local offices in the following markets: Charlotte, NC; Phoenix, AZ; & Dallas / Fort Worth, TX. Strong qualified individuals in other US geographic markets will be given consideration as potential home-based professionals.**
Allstate Technology & Strategic Ventures (ATSV) team is embarking on a journey to move Application computing to leverage various Cloud provider services. Cloud Security Engineer professionals within ATSV are tasked to develop and implement the Cloud Security Framework. This team of engineers also develops and establishes Cloud Governance standards and educates Business / Technology teams to ensure any cloud deployments adhere to the Cloud Security Framework.
One of Allstate's key initiatives presently is Hashicorp Vault – Cloud Engineering. This team is building and supporting Hashicorp Vault to support automated secret management across the entire Allstate ecosystem. In this position, the Cloud Security Engineer will design, build, and support Hashicorp Vault. This role requires strong hands-on capabilities plus the ability to synthesize radical ideas and the aptitude to define new security strategies in a global environment.
- Drive Vault engineering conversations for our enterprise IT and business IT teams in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS implementations.
- Provide best in class support for a wide range of users and use cases.
- Participate as an active member of Design & Build IT projects, steering Vault configurations and services toward industry-leading security practices within domain expertise.
- Engineer and implement new Vault tools to feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of Cloud computing resources. Thoroughly understand DevOps ideologies with the ability to drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization.
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of Vault operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations.
- Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats and assess the overall security risks to the system.
- Evaluate and respond to alerts and events from the security tools, including tuning of tool configuration to minimize false positives. Develop event response documentation and processes for Security Operations Center to follow and appropriate escalation protocol.
- Serve as primary interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation.
Work with Cloud Operations teams in the definition and implementation of security standards and best practices. Work with Senior Technical resources for mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, etc. preferred
- 5+ years professional experience as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture dev environments
- Advanced experience with public Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure); good understanding of SOC, Cloud operations, security, automation, and orchestration
- Experience with Linux/UNIX Windows servers, MS SQL, Oracle MySQL, MongoDB
- Experience understanding protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S, NFS, SNMP and DNS
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP; familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems
- Experience deploying and maintaining systems and applications within a secure, regulated environment; knowledge to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria
- DevOps and scripting skills in at least one language (other than Bash), ideally Python
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures; experience working with Cloud security and governance tools and server virtualization technologies
- Demonstrate an ability to bridge technology knowledge gaps between IT staff and corporate staff such as Legal, Compliance and Audit organizations
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver, strong communication skills
- Hashicorp Vault experience is not required
None planned but flexibility required to meet business needs
Hours of Work:
- Standard hours Mon – Fri;
- Flexibility to meet business needs as required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.