CorVel is seeking a Bill Review Analyst for our Rancho Cucamonga, CA office . The Bill Review Analyst is responsible for review, auditing and data-entry of medical bills for multiple states and lines of business.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for auditing medical bills to ensure that they are appropriate and adhere to the State Fee Schedules, customer guidelines and PPO discounts.
- Position requires knowledge of the Fee Schedule and the operation of the computer terminal.
- May consult reference materials in the auditing process.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Based upon situation or state specific issues meet 98% accuracy, 10,000+ keystrokes per hour
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, workers' compensation billing guidelines and fee schedules
- Knowledge of CPT/ICD/HCPS coding
- Knowledge of UBO4/DWC-9/DWC-10 and CMS 1500 form types preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service.
- Able to work collaboratively and independently.
- Able to identify problems and find creative, effective solutions.
- Able to balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational abilities as well as time management skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of data entry experience
- Experience with Medical Bill Review preferred
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable