Network Segmentation Engineer (Remote-Home Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
**With this opportunity, the selected candidate will be established as a home-based worker. You should be a reasonable distance from our strategic Charlotte, NC office to travel in occasionally as needed to meet the needs of the business.**
We are expanding our team of Information Security professionals who will work with other security, network and application experts to migrate on-premise applications into our Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI). Members of this team will use Cisco's Tetration Analytics platform to provide technical guidance, consultation, POC testing, and product support to project based application migrations.
On this team, you will be one of several technology SMEs for Cisco's Tetration Analytics platform and will be responsible for the providing the following to project based application migrations and subsequent engineering support work.
- Consultation with Application SMEs on netflow information and essential communications
- Analysis of Tetration telemetry to create ACI Contracts
- Collaboration with Network Engineering ACI resources to implement ACI Contracts
- Collaboration with Service Now support staff and Network Engineering to create reusable/orchestrated solutions
- Collaboration with Business Information Security Officers (BISOs) on protocol risk
- Tetration agent deployment to server endpoints (Windows and Linux, virtual and physical)
- Troubleshooting and support of ACI Contracts
- Administration/ownership of Tetration components
- Development of documentation, departmental procedures and support guides.
- Utilization of real-time telemetry data from application components and use behavior-analysis to identify application groups and their communication patterns and service dependencies.
- Automation of policy creation to build segmentation models and automate policy enforcement across on-premises data centers.
- 3+ years of Information Security experience
- Scripting language experience (Python preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of network infrastructure systems (routing, switching, load balancing, or firewalls) and Internet technologies
- Linux/Unix or Microsoft Windows Server administrator experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with technical and non-technical resources at all levels of the organization.
Self-directed, work with minimal guidance, and recognize when guidance is needed.
- Experience using Cisco's Tetration Analytics platform
- Experience using Cisco ACI environment
- Experience of GitHub and CI/CD pipieline
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Management or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, GIAC, CCNA, CCNP, Security+
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.