Procurement Category Strategist Technology/IT
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
In Procurement at Liberty Mutual, we combine customer centricity, domain expertise and technical skill in order to enable our stakeholders to achieve optimal value from our supplier relationships.
Develop and advance Technology/IT category, supplier and sourcing strategies supporting key business objectives and priorities across Personal (GRM), Commercial (GRS), and Corporate SBUs.
Act as category leader and key stakeholder relationship manager working closely with Technology and Business stakeholders to develop and execute on strategies to maximize value including optimal use, cost reduction, service, quality & process improvements and innovation within category areas.
Be skilled in building trusted relationships with both business and technology stakeholders in order to develop category strategies that meet the needs of the organization over time.
This position will act as an advocate and change-manager for the value of Procurement throughout assigned Functional Areas and Business Groups by demonstrating category knowledge, adding value, and educating stakeholders on strategic sourcing process. This role will lead cross-functional, non-reporting teams.
Key areas of expertise:
- Software/SaaS, Cloud, Security, Telecom & Contact Center, Core Data Center Tech (Compute, Storage, Network) & Managed Services
- Technologies supporting business areas such as insurance functions, marketing, finance/investments and corporate functions
- Develop relationships and work with key business partners and category leadership to understand strategic direction, third party supplier requirements, and corporate objectives and priorities.
- Lead Category Planning process using internal and external data to identify opportunities for third party supplier cost reductions or improved outcomes and work with key stakeholders for support and prioritization.
- Execute on Category Planning projects and further develop sourcing strategies and lead/coordinate negotiation for category areas.
- Build reputation as a subject matter expert for Technology market dynamics.
- Working closely with the stakeholders to establish and execute the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) sourcing strategy, including supply, demand, and change in process levers to reduce cost.
- Provide guidance on monitoring supplier performance against contractual terms and conditions, assess supplier financial health and develop risk mitigation plans for critical and preferred suppliers.
- Effectively manage several projects and associated resources to generate at least 5-10% in cost benefit annually
- Bachelor`s degree (preferably in Business, Economics, or Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- Ideal candidate must have at least 10 years' experience in related field.
- Deep understanding of assigned categories, supply markets, suppliers and products preferred.
- Understanding of Six Sigma and Project Management methodologies.
- Effectively influences, collaborates, and partners with business leaders to drive results.
- Develops solutions to complex problems and regularly uses ingenuity and innovation to develop solutions that are consistent with organization objectives.
- Very strong analytical and negotiation skills. Superior communications, interpersonal and presentation skills with strong influencing and persuasive abilities.
- Expertise in MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of online sourcing and contracting tools (ideally Ariba).