Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe Travelers Business Insurance (BI) Architecture team is looking for a Sr. Architect to join the team. The primary focus of this position is to provide architectural guidance, technology recommendations and reusable solutions that support the development and implementation of initiatives in the customer facing BI Value Stream organizations.
This role will have a focus on solution delivery using Travelers standard Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools onto strategic cloud platforms. The role will guide the evolution of a BI CI/CD High Speed Pipeline by providing reusable patterns as well as support for new deployment targets particularly in the public cloud space (Amazon and Red Hat OpenShift)
In addition, this role will have a focus on infrastructure in BI. The candidate will analyze the BI application infrastructure footprint and provide recommendations to move toward a lower cost, containerized model on platforms such as Red Hat OpenShift and Amazon. A strategy as well as roadmap will be led by the candidate to begin the infrastructure optimization program in BI.
This position may be staffed in either St. Paul, MN or Hartford, CT.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Collaborate and work with various teams in BI technology to understand needs and how to provide technical solutions.
- Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and designs.
- Provide strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations.
- Lead technical teams in Agile delivery (BI High Speed Pipeline Team and others in BI Value Streams)
- Mine and analyze data on existing BI applications and work with centralized groups to provide guidance for hosting.
- Define pros and cons of solution options to arrive at consensus around architecture decisions.
- Lead proof of concept efforts for candidate architectures.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor or Master's degree in the field of computer science or similar technical area.
- Master knowledge of CI/CD tooling and creation of delivery pipelines. (Github, Jenkins, Nexus at Travelers)
- Cloud patterns such as PaaS, IaaS, containers, microservices and IaC.
- Cloud infrastructure technology such as Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Red Hat OpenShift and Pivotal.
- Self-initiated individual who consistently delivers high quality results with limited guidance and willingly trains, guides and positively influences others.
- Effectively communicates to diverse technical and nontechnical audiences, including engineers, scrum masters, peer architects, product owners, business owners, senior leaders, etc.
- Knowledge of multiple development technologies including but not limited to Java, SpringBoot, NodeJS, Angular, React,.NetCore and MongoDB.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or related Agile experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- The ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.