Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryDemonstrate strong customer service skills, technical knowledge and soft skills to deliver corporate and industry best practice end user support for the enterprise Service Desk through various customer interface channels.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Adheres to corporate and industry best practices to meet or exceed individual's target metrics and ensure customer experience Service Level Objectives are achieved.
- Resolves complex technical internal/external customer incidents and requests relating to: computer, mobile device, network, systems, outages, applications, and systems access requests through various customer interface channels.
- Answers and resolves internal/external customer incidents within assigned metric targets through various channels including but not limited to: phone calls, emails, electronic communication, social media, Chat and/or Service Requests.
- Accountable for ticket/request quality including data in critical fields, checklists, clear and accurate documentation, and escalation processes.
- Uses available resources, investigative tools, and industry standards to determine if issue requires corrective action and develops interim alternative workflows/workarounds when possible.
- Assumes ownership of performance results including metrics, quality of customer interactions and customer experience.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve processes and customer service and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Shares learned information by creating knowledge entries in knowledge database and participates in the review of existing knowledge articles to ensure accuracy.
- Experience supporting or training completed on the following is required:
- Microsoft Office 2013 or newer versions
- Microsoft/Windows OS
- Advanced organisational, communication, analytical, and troubleshooting skills required.
- Some prior Customer Service, Service Desk, or contact centre experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Degree or related experience in a technical customer service position is preferred.
- Business or Information Technology or related education and training preferred.
- Experience supporting or training completed on the following is preferred:
- Apple iOS
- Mobile Device support (iPhone, Droid)
- Network and connectivity technical knowledge preferred.
- Business Application support experience preferred. Preferably working with complex Business Insurance Systems.
- System Access experience preferred.
- Insurance knowledge preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Technical certification preferred, Microsoft Office Specialist, Apple OS, MCSA, MCITP or equivalents.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge:
- Ability to handle multiple situations presented through multiple reporting channels.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of infrastructure & application systems and of the systems areas supporting the business functions including agency system configurations and applications.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership:
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team, systems staff, other business units, service offices, agents, and customers through a collaborative style.
- Basic understanding of business goals and objectives.
- Able to recognize and analyse problems and develop timely solutions with some supervision.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Has advanced problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to handle complex business issues while maintaining customer focus.
- Team Orientation:
- Builds relationships with peers to achieve objectives.
- Builds relationships with referral partners and customers and acts as customers advocate.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views and gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above own interest and displays basic self -leadership skills.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and peers when appropriate, utilizing solid written or verbal skills.
- Is self-motivating and drives towards meeting and exceeding team goals.
- Continually strives for self- improvement.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Displays commitment to excellence and looks for ways to improve/promote quality.
- Takes ownership of issues.
- Operational Awareness:
- Utilises all soft skills appropriately and consistently.
- Generates innovative ideas on how to improve internal team workflows and processes, as well as identify system enhancements that may ultimately enable the company and/or customer to operate in a cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrates ability to adjust priorities based on changing situations.
- Displays a sense of urgency.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.