CUO, Specialty Lines- IronHealth
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We are looking for a dynamic leader responsible for profitability and growth of the IronHealth Profit Center, the healthcare division of North America Specialty. IronHealth's product offerings are in virtually all areas of healthcare liability, including medical professional liability, long term care, managed care, custom accounts, life sciences, employer and provider stop loss and HMO reinsurance.
IronHealth has approximately $500mm in total premium under management. With this opportunity, you'll lead a team of expert underwriters and leaders to achieve
segment goals of new business, rate, retention and profit targets through effective navigation of market dynamics, strategy development and execution, disciplined underwriting and strong broker and client relationships. You will employ a growth mindset to lead and develop a diverse, high-performing and engaged team of underwriters and underwriting leaders nationwide, creating a culture of empowerment, inclusivity and collaboration.
The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience in insurance leadership and a minimum of 10 years in healthcare liability and healthcare financial products, an exceptional brand in the industry, and demonstrated success growing a profitable insurance business of scale with expertise in healthcare.
- Primarily accountable for profit, growth and long term sustainability for the IronHealth organization
- Communicate, monitor and execute strategy throughout segment. Ensure strategic alignment with other areas within Global Risk Solutions North America.
- Ensure excellence in UW in process, pricing, and risk selection and drives elite underwriting behaviors of collaboration, expertise and ownership.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with other segments and functional partners to ensure effective representation of LM products and services.
- Ensure coordination and collaboration between managing operational performance and initiate remedial action when necessary.
- Lead the development of business unit management policies/programs, plans, workflow processes, systems development and training programs.
- Lead organization with focus on diversity, equity and inclusion, top talent attraction, engagement and retention
Experience / Qualifications
In-depth knowledge of the Company's services, products and marketing techniques; insurance contracts, funding and rating; and leadership theory and practices. Thorough knowledge of insurance operations including underwriting and sales. Strong analytical and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to organize, lead and get work done through others. Highly effective oral and written communication skills, including interviewing, training, presentation, persuasion and negotiation skills as normally acquired through a bachelor's degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 12 years insurance and management experience. Advanced degree such as MBA and CPCU certification preferred.