Solutions Engineer, Software
About the Job:
We are looking for a Solution Engineer who will oversee and direct the work of two squads that support our Safeco ECDEV framework and applications including Safeco Q&I. These squads are currently supporting initiatives for future state enablement of the PL Product business. In addition to supporting these key squads and their initiatives, the candidate will be a key part of our PL Product Tech Enablement portfolio. The candidate will help to focus driving modernization efforts not only in our legacy systems but working across the whole PL Product Tech organization towards our future One Product architecture roadmap. In addition, helping develop and grow our talent within GRM US – Products & Underwriting.
We need a passionate, analytical technology professional to help our teams navigate through these challenges. Someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to lead change as we continue our agile and cloud enabled transformational journey.
In this role, you would:
- Act as a Solutions Engineer working within modern & legacy architectures and systems and modernizing using newer technologies and tools.
- Collaborate with development teams, peer solution engineers, and architects to ensure solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans, and long-term strategy.
- Guide the development of system, technical, and product standards based on business plan and vision.
- Lead modernization of legacy systems to drive supportability, integration with newer technologies, and improve developer productivity.
- Make recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness, providing input to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Continually enhance full delivery pipeline through automation, expanded yet increasingly efficient test coverage, ultimately optimizing time-to-market and quality
- Plans and leads execution of architecture migrations.
- Maintain strategic partnerships between vendors, business partners, and development teams.
- Oversee design reviews and provide technical guidance.
- Contribute to decisions that impact profitability and operational effectiveness.
Highly competitive applicants will have:
- High proficiency in Microsoft ASP.NET
- Experience using Visual Studio and working with jQuery
- High proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL and stored procedures
- Experience developing in Safeco Q&I and PST, working in the ECDEV framework environment, and using the SMC a plus
- Knowledge of and/or experience with IBM mainframe platforms and relevant tools including COBOL, IMS and DB2 is a plus. Experience developing or supporting the Safeco mainframe AUT and HOM apps is a plus.
- Experience working with Azure and other cloud platforms
- Experience with various deployment tools including Bamboo, Kubernetes and Azure DevOps
- Experience developing and supporting complex, high volume, high transaction, high availability enterprise applications
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership
- Demonstrated ability to learn new business and technology concepts quickly
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to navigate and support complex insurance systems with a desire to dive into the details
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.