Senior Data Scientist - Customer Intent Analytics (Remote - Home Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
Data, Discovery, and Decision Science (D3) is the research and analytics organization at Allstate. In D3, you'll be surrounded by 330+ tenacious and intellectually curious colleagues in an inclusive culture that encourages you to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good. We are solving some of today's most complicated analytics problems, making the lives of our Allstate colleagues easier and more productive, and driving our mission to deliver targeted insurance solutions to our customers. We are partnering to incorporate analytics into every aspect of the enterprise. We are avid about learning new ways to get the most value from our massive data resources and leading-edge technology. Developing ourselves and others is key to our success.
In this role, you will be working with unstructured data from contact centers that serve as the frontline for all customer, agent and employee interactions. You'll be supporting a high-priority enterprise initiative to improve the overall customer experience, employee engagement and operational efficiency for voice and digital interactions. You will have opportunities to discover insights from structured and unstructured data, solve business problems for both customers and operations and leverage varieties of advanced analytic methods, including the use of machine learning techniques and natural language processing.Key Responsibilities
- Lead the development of advanced analytics/ predictive modeling algorithms to help enterprises gauge customers' intent and optimize their journey for better outcomes across all interaction channels, whether through a human or artificial agent, voice, web or mobile, email and texting.
- Partner across multiple business areas to provide insights through advanced analytics and experimentation to drive business decisions
- Begin to manage analytical initiatives, develop junior data scientists and communicate analyses with leaders and key business stakeholders
- Bring innovative ideas to help develop new analytic methods for both voice and digital interactions to improve customer experience and realization of operational efficiency
- Utilize effective project planning techniques to break down moderately complex machine learning/predictive modeling and/or development projects into tasks and ensure deadlines are kept
Education and Experience
• Master's or PhD
• 3 or more years of related experience
• Experience in managing and manipulating large, complex datasets and ability to analyze and interpret moderate to complex concepts
• Experience applying natural language processing techniques
• Demonstrated Analytic Agility and ability to quickly learn and switch topics
• Ability to use and learn a wide variety of tools and languages to achieve results
• Ability to code and develop prototypes in various languages
• Experience in using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models that have driven company decision making preferred
• Experience with advanced system programing
• Experience working with Agile team
• Knowledge of advanced machine learning techniques and libraries
• Knowledge of full stack development
The minimum salary for this position is $95,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.