Product Owner of Machine Learning Operations (ML Ops)
As Product Owner of Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) in the Office of Data Science (ODS), you will partner with the enterprise to develop a vision, strategy, and roadmap for MLOps. You will also program manage a squad of ML Engineers deploying significant value for the enterprise.
The ODS was created to provide additional centralized support and expertise to Data Science (DS) teams across the enterprise. Our programs focus on key areas of interest to multiple teams, bleeding edge research and experimentation, common tools and platform development, and establishing best practices to ensure the scientific community at Liberty is well-positioned to rapidly meet the challenges of modern industry.
If you are interested in making an impact on an entire scientific culture at a Fortune 100 company, the ODS is the place for you!
Roles and Responsibilities:
Machine Learning Operations
- Engage with DS, Tech, and Business teams to understand challenges around deploying, maintaining, and monitoring DS models
- Work with the ODS Science team and business unit SMEs to define an enterprise strategy, vision, and framework for MLOps
- Collaborate with and support the business as they stand up ML Ops practices
- Model Deployment Program Management
- Program manage an ML Engineering squad
- Onboard new customers, coordinate deployment activities and prioritize the portfolio
- Act as the liaison between Tech, DS, and business teams to ensure roles & responsibilities are defined, timelines are understood and deployments are effectively coordinated
- Track financial impact of deployed models and facilitate knowledge sharing across models, teams, and the enterprise
Customer / Collaboration
- Foster relationships across the LM enterprise.Promote and build excitement for MLOps.
- Inform DS infrastructure Product Owners by providing feedback that drives prioritization for new features in enterprise DS tooling
- Collaborate with and influence key stakeholders and customers to embrace a product mindset and drive business outcomes.
- Key traits we are looking for:
- Drive – you work smart and hard to succeed
- Communication Skills – you can communicate to a wide variety of audiences adapting your technique as appropriate in a strategic manner
- Data Science Passion – you have a passion for making things better through data science.
- Leadership – You are a passionate leader who can bring the enterprise together, gain cross team alignment and deliver results.
- Customer Empathy – ability to try on the experiences of customers and stakeholders – especially those with conflicting viewpoints.
- Problem solving – you can solve difficult problems efficiently with appropriate methodologies
- Integrity – you build and maintain trust with your colleagues, stakeholders, partners, and leaders
The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level
- Knowledge of MLOps, DS infrastructure, and organizational challenges & obstacles as it relates to scaling and supporting DS solutions (hands on experience would be a plus)
- A minimum of three years recent experience in a DS or technology product role with a proven track record of providing leadership on complex / challenging technical product delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to think broadly across multiple good viewpoints
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgement, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of agile teams
- Experience with influencing product strategy at a senior level and a strong execution track record
- Ability to continuously prioritize work based on business value and product strategy
- Ability to create and foster consensus from the whole business for a coherent product vision
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.