Senior Claims Associate/ Clams Examiner
The Senior Claims Associate under close supervision, handles a book of specialty lines claims, throughout the entire claim's life cycle. Responsible for conducting investigations, recommending adequate reserves, monitoring, documenting, and settling/closing claims in an expeditious and economical manner within prescribed authority limits for the line of business.
- Analyzes, investigate, and evaluates the loss to determine coverage and claim disposition.
- Utilizes CMS to document claims and to diary future events or follow-up.
- Within established settlement authority for the line of business, establishes appropriate reserves for both indemnity and expense and reviews on a regular basis to ensure adequacy.
- Makes recommendations to set reserves at appropriate level for claims outside of authority level.
- Prepares comprehensive reports as required.
- Learns to identify and communicate specific claim trends and account and/or policy issues to management and underwriting.
- Manages the litigation process through the retention of counsel.
- Adheres to the line of business litigation guidelines to include budget, bill review and payment.
- Through close management supervision, develops independent case resolution skills.
- Participates in mediations and arbitrations, as well as negotiation discussions within limit of settlement authority.
- Participates in the claims audit process.
- As required, maintains insurance adjuster licenses.
- Bachelors' and/or advanced degree.
- 1+ years claims experience; or in a related field.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with both internal and external contacts.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.