Director, Product Research - Mobility Pod
Are you looking for a position with the ability to leverage the resources of a Fortune 100 company to battle for the future of our place in the transportation, new mobility and insurance industries? Our Product Technology Solutions group within Global Retail Markets is seeking an Assistant Director or Director I to manage large commercial policy development and regulatory engagement for Liberty Mutual's new mobility insurance products, including ridehail, goods delivery, micromobility, vehicle sharing, vehicle subscription, and autonomous vehicle products.
Consumer preferences and emerging trends in the mobility and auto insurance space are pressuring insurers to adapt. This role sits within Liberty Mutual's Cross-SBU New Mobility team, which exists to help us stay ahead of and capitalize on the disruption of mobility trends. A successful candidate for this role will have experience in program management, developing large commercial auto insurance policies, problem-solving, facilitating cross functional collaboration, and leadership-level communication.
As part of the New Mobility Product team, you will be involved with a top priority initiative of the Global Retail Markets business unit – creating and deepening our new mobility partnerships. With a number of new mobility products already in market and the portfolio continuously expanding, this role will be responsible for working directly with our partners to align on product requirements, managing policy forms development, coordinating filings and regulatory engagement, bringing one or more products to market, and optimizing in-flight products. This is a hands-on, high-visibility role where you would support engagement and communication with internal and external stakeholders ranging from executives to developers to new mobility partners.
This role will be focused on product and underwriting analysis to support new mobility strategy and implementation through
- Project Management leadership - coordinating subject matter experts in the development of new mobility coverages, forms and rate filings
- Analysis & underwriting guidance for mobility coverage on auto and non-auto forms
- Facilitating cross-functional forms review and coordinating objection responses
- Timely and relevant underwriting guidance (e.g. niche exposures for new mobility products)
- Hands-on development of filing exhibits
- Competitive analysis to identify best-in-class underwriting practices
- Auto technology / process analysis & underwriting guidance
- Support with rating, technology, or account-specific solutions
- Increasingly sophisticated use of third-party data
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience required. Extensive knowledge in developing large risk commercial policies including an understanding of state-level regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor degree required. Advanced degree and/or Insurance designation preferred.
- Expert organizational and project management skills with the ability to work on multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in coverage, pricing, policy structure, rating, and underwriting.
- Ability to translate strategic vision into tactical / actionable initiatives to achieve desired goals.
- Highly developed written, verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate with individuals cross-functionally at multiple levels.
- Accomplished role(s) in product development, underwriting, actuarial and/or claims.
We Are Looking for a Candidate That:
- Is self-driven, has superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks
- Has a roll-up your sleeves and get things done mentality – shows grit
- Can collaborate and communicate cross-functionally to develop buy-in on our product vision
- Serves as “chaos pilot” who approaches the fast-pace and frequent pivots of innovation with energy and openness, keeping team morale high
- Is comfortable facilitating conversations with strategic partners, as well as key internal and external stakeholders
- Approaches strategic analysis with an unbiased mindset, can empathize with customers, partners, and competitors and make thoughtful, data-driven recommendations
- Excels in handling ambiguity and weathering the uncertainty and pivots inherit in product innovation
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.