Retail Sales Agent
Responsible for the profitable growth and the attainment of business goals by marketing and servicing National General products including but not limited to Auto, Life, Auto Club, and Roadside Assistance to new and existing customers. Assist walk-in customers, support office operations and market our products outside of the office via marketing calls and visits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Meet and exceed sale's goals through new product sales, cross selling and retention of current customers
- Implement marketing programs and initiatives which further the National General brand in the local market (car dealerships, local events, etc)
- Build and maintain relationships with community organizations and local business
- Develop and manage customer relationships and serve as a resource to customers and potential customers on all National General products and services
- Responsible for monitoring key competitors in the local market area and making suggestions on initiatives that could improve National General's position in the marketplace
- Receive customer payments, issue receipts and verify balance/daily reports of receipts for cash drawers
- Understand, promote and remain current on company underwriting guidelines, announcements, and memos related to changes in company policies and procedures
- Responsible for sales administration and reporting activities
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ years of successful business-to-consumer sales experience
- Active Property/Casualty and Life Insurance licensure
- Strong demonstrated ability to market and sell in multi-product environment where cross selling and customer retention is essential to sales budget attainment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written, verbal and presentation delivery with ability to clearly communicate the features and benefits of insurance and other ancillary products to customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Experience or strong willingness to develop key relationships and market our products within community organizations and the local business community
- Must have current valid driver's license and consistent access to a personal vehicle which can be utilized to complete business marketing activities in the local community
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Insurance industry experience
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.