The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The User Experience & Design (UXD) organization is a multi-disciplinary service organization that designs creative user interactions and experiences through systems and services that provide an overall positive, engaging, and productive experience. The organization is comprised of Researchers, UX Architects, Visual Designers, Product Designers, and UX Writers who come together to produce delightful experiences.
Product Designers are responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions.
The Product Designer assists UX design project work by applying knowledge of human capabilities, technology, industry design best practices and standards to create user interfaces for complex projects including native mobile apps, responsive desktop applications, and data dashboards. This person will serve as the steward for the user experience while championing ideas and designs that improve business results and exceed end-user needs.
Product Designers are multi-faceted and possess proficiency in more than one UX discipline: Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Product Strategy, Experience Strategy, and User Research. Product Designers are responsible for defining and delivering experiences that are engaging, usable, useful, and solve a true customer & business need. This person will work within Allstate's Consumer Engagement Management Ecosystem (CEME) team, on Design initiatives for end consumers with journey owners, product managers, stakeholders, and other UX practitioners.
- Partner directly with other UX practitioners working on consumer and support representative experiences
- Design & envision future experiences iteratively in a dynamic “test & learn” driven environment
- Use design thinking methods to construct concepts that can be tested and validated with users
- Leverage data and user feedback to help draw actionable conclusions that drive and influence stakeholder's design decisions
- Actively participate in design discussions and workshops with key stakeholders
- Help to conduct secondary user research and use analysis methods to answer questions and fill knowledge gaps
- Depending on needs of a project, ability to create storyboards, wireframes, user flow diagrams, prototypes, and other interactive designs
- Work collaboratively with other UXD practitioners (UX Architects, Visual Designers, Product Designers, Content Strategists), Technologists, and management, on interaction design principles, best practices, and feasibility
- Continuously learn new skills and capabilities by monitoring consumer trends, attending workshops, joining professional groups and mentoring others in UX design methodologies
- 2+ years as a UX designer in highly collaborative environments
- Proficiency in at least two UX disciplines such as: Interaction Design/Information Architecture, Visual Design, User Research, Front-End Development, or Product Design Strategy
- Experience using a wide breadth of UX methodologies
- Excellent communication, organization, presentation, and time management skills
- Proficient in Sketch, Axure, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, or other design tools
- Understands the constraints of technology and data platforms: Native Mobile, Responsive Web, and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Ability to communicate and present concepts & research findings both verbally and visually
- Bachelor's degree or higher in the following is a plus: Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Information Sciences, Psychology, Human Factors, and/or Computer Science
- Experience designing in insurance, financial or highly regulated verticals is a plus
The minimum salary for this postion is $60,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.