Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder Moderate Supervision, responsible for conducting and documenting moderately complex financial/ accounting/expense analysis assignments. Position does not manage others. Moderate Supervision: Incumbent performs standard and routine assignments independently to conclusion; unusual problems which may require exceptions to procedures or processes are referred to the supervisor.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare, evaluate and validate moderately complex internal and/or external financial and operational reports, both routine and ad-hoc.
- Perform analysis and interpretation of trends and variances in business performance, interacting with cross functional peers on limited basis. Validate analyses.
- Identify and use appropriate tools to obtain and compile moderate to complex data necessary to support advanced financial reports and analysis.
- Synthesize and present exhibits, results, observations, recommendations to direct manager, team members and/or cross functional peers.
- Complete moderately complex financial activities for various lines of business including journal entries and account reconciliations implementing necessary corrections.
- Complete moderately complex components of external financial statements including, but not limited to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), SEC and SAP (Statutory Accounting Principles).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting preferred.
- Typically 2+ years of related experience.
- General knowledge of Financial Analysis concepts and processes.
- General Knowledge: Possesses sufficient knowledge to perform most work in normal situations.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Working knowledge of the insurance business.
- Intermediate analytic skills.
- Working knowledge of accounting practices and principles.
- Intermediate data utilization skills to access and gather data, including a basic understanding of what the data represents.
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate time management/ prioritization skills.
- Basic ability to solve problems and suggest solutions to problems.
- Takes responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Ability to identify customers needs and take appropriate action to meet those needs.
- Ability to work well in tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Intermediate skill/competency level: demonstrates solid knowledge and ability; can apply the competency with minimal or no guidance, in the full range of typical situations. Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situations.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.