Analyst / Senior Analyst - Product Solutions
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Product Design & Experience (PDX) team within GRM Product Management is seeking a talented, motivated individual to join our highly visible group that focuses on driving research and innovation to reinvent our core product offerings for today and the future. This mission involves partnering with cross-functional groups to improve customer experience and business results, enhance existing offerings, and create new core products. This role focuses on driving actionable insights in the business for both Personal Lines & Safeco brands. Analysts should anticipate exposure to a diverse portfolio of projects of varying size and complexity. This role will afford a high degree of autonomy in shaping our product experience and tangibly influencing company success in hitting our growth and profitability goals. This role involves significant collaboration with partners within Product and other departments such as IT, Marketing and Distribution channels.
Some recent examples of projects on the team include:
- Driving research and designing our next auto product update to meet customer's expectations and needs.
- Partnering with our direct and agent sales organizations to improve the experience of front line reps and our customers.
- Designing new simplified renter and condo products to successfully compete with new disrupters in the market.
With increasing experience, this team member will also take on management of project workstreams and/or projects of increasing scope.
We are looking for a candidate that:
- Demonstrates a track record of successfully participating in or leading cross-functional project teams to achieve business objectives
- Has strong analytical capabilities and asks the right questions to make appropriate data-driven decisions
- Drives collaboration with cross-functional partners of diverse backgrounds
- Utilizes critical thinking to propose innovative solutions to tough problems
- Conducts moderate to high complexity analysis under general direction.
- Queries data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics.
- Builds simple tools and queries for others to use.
- Performs the underlying analysis on projects important to the SBU.
- Provides recommendations on the appropriate tools and techniques to perform analysis.
- Leads own workstreams on medium to long-term or moderate to high complexity projects.
- May manage aspects of low to moderate complexity projects including members within and outside team.
- Conducts competitive intelligence and understands market trends for a product line Monitors and interprets developments.
- Serves as ad hoc resource for less experienced analysts. Occasionally mentors' others as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, mathematics, economics, statistics, or other quantitative field
- Minimum 2-4 years relevant work experience
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, Emblem).
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills.