Responsible for directing operation of designated department, which may include one or more of the following functions: human resources, customer service and limited sales management. This position will be temporarily remote during pandemic, and in our Downers Grove, IL office after pandemic.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for directing a designated group of employees in their day-to-day operations
- Responsible for quality of service provided
- Responsible for human resources matters directly related to department supervised
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping sensitive information confidential
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (“IIPP”)
- May be required to travel overnight to attend meetings
- May perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews of various reports, invoices, logs and expenses
- May be responsible for limited marketing and sales activities
- Additional duties as required
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas across multiple platforms
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax, correspondence, etc.
- Ability to skillfully manage multiple, complex projects and competing priorities concurrently while working under pressure to meet deadlines and maintaining strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently, while remaining available to others
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Must have technical knowledge of the laws, policies, and procedures in defined territory
- Strong interpersonal, time management and analytical skills
- Great attention to detail, and results focused
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Degree(s) or certification(s) related to managed care organization is a plus
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.