Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder moderate supervision creates and executes less complex external communications plans to ensure the successful promotion of key corporate initiatives and protection of Travelers reputation. Partners with businesses and project teams to implement externally focused communications initiatives and execute assignments that enhance and support Travelers' reputation among external audiences.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for creating and executing less complex external communications programs to support key business initiatives.
- Partner with project teams and related staff to meet external communications objectives and develop content on assigned initiatives.
- Provide writing and editing support to initiatives beyond personal assignments.
- Partner with business area/initiative subject matter experts to develop content for external strategic communications.
- Partner with project team to Identify objectives for applications and coordinate the development of external content to meet defined objectives.
- Utilize communications expertise to contribute to successful implementation of external communications.
- Coordinate communications delivery for assigned external audiences, partnering with communications team.
- Adhere to enterprise approval processes, templates and brand guidelines in creating external communications materials.
- Contribute to integrating key strategic business messages supporting initiative and project communications strategies.
- Contribute to measuring effectiveness of external communications through qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Bachelor's degree in in English, journalism, PR, communications or writing or minimum of 1 year of related communications experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Typically 2-4 years of experience in communications or a related field.
- Working knowledge of contemporary communications techniques.
- Working knowledge of appropriate methods and techniques for communicating with multiple audiences.
- Working Knowledge: Understands basic principles and terminology in order to understand and solve simple problems).
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate verbal and written communications skills.
- Basic presentation skills.
- Intermediate time management skills.
- Intermediate ability to edit and proof read quickly and accurately.
- Basic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team (on team assignments).
- Basic skill/competency level: demonstrates basic knowledge and ability; can apply the competency in common/familiar situations that present limited difficulties
- Intermediate skill/competency level: demonstrates solid knowledge and ability; can apply the competency with minimal or no guidance, in the full range of typical situations.
- Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situations.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.