Manager, Inland Marine Claims
IAT Insurance Group has an immediate opening for an Inland Marine Claims Manager in our Naperville, Illinois location. This role will report directly to the AVP of Claims Services and will oversee the day to day operations of all Inland Marine Claims throughout the organization.
- Oversee day to day functions of all Inland Marine Claims throughout the nation.
- Ensure that all claims are managed in compliance with regulatory requirements and company guidelines.
- Oversee all processes and procedures to ensure operational efficiency.
- Provide ongoing mentoring and guidance to staff.
- Establish and maintain critical relationships with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate responses to inquiries from regulators and stakeholders.
- Ensure that any investigation, settlement, reserve, and/or coverage matter is appropriately managed.
- Administer all staff performance reviews.
- Travel as needed to attend meetings.
- Work with the AVP of Claims Services on various matters as needed.
- Supervise 4 - 10 claims adjusters.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelors' degree with 5+ years' of Inland Marine claims experience or equivalent.
- Equivalent is defined as having 9+ year of relevant Inland Marine claims experience.
- 3+ years' of formal supervisory experience.
- Must have extensive knowledge of cargo and/or freight claims.
- Household goods claims experience a plus.
- Must have a current claims adjuster license.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate internally and externally.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Superior attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be a team lead.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and we participate in E-Verify.