Claims Oversight Catastrophe Vendor Oversight Consultant
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Allstate Insurance is changing the way the insurance industry looks and we want you to be part of our growing team! Our focus on creating extraordinary customer experiences, establishing connections through technology, and using continuous improvement is transforming how we settle insurance claims.
Unexpected events are often unnerving. So, it takes someone special to put the pieces back together for our customers.
This is the opportunity you've been looking for to truly impact someone's life! Start your career today as a Claims Oversight Catastrophe IA VOT Consultant in Dallas Fort Worth, TX and be part of our dynamic team!
This job is part of the Vendor Oversight Team (VOT) and under limited supervision, is responsible for monitoring and providing oversight and direction on claims handled by contingent worker adjusters from initial report to final disposition. The individual provides guidance to adjusters in conducting investigations, assesses coverage, liability and damages, reviews the value of the claim, and provides settlement or denial authority on moderate losses exceeding individual adjuster or contingent worker administrative manager authority. The individual assists contingent worker adjusters and managers to achieve optimal customer service and participates in the design and implementation of processes to improve results and achieve department/business goals. The individual provides oversight that inspires quality performance and expert execution of required claim processes, creating a productive and supportive work environment. The individual provides analysis of trends and opportunity areas and participates in determining proposed action plans for contingent worker adjusters and the management team. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees and provides mentoring and coaching to the team. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual works independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
As a condition of employment, you are required to obtain an adjuster's license in all states within the first 60 days of employment.Key Responsibilities
CAT Claims Handling Support
- Monitors AOR segment(s) to ensure timely and quality claim handling
- Acts as a resource and provides claim handling assistance on complex claims
- Acts as a resource on all aspects of the claim: investigation, coverage decisions, evaluations, estimating, documentation, customer communication, process compliance, settlement and/or denials
- Supports and manages coverage investigations, supplement triage, subrogation investigations, Public Adjuster claims, claims for ALE handling, OA ladder assists, and contents inventory and pricing
- Develop and/or execute complex event strategies with leadership
- Oversight of production efficiency, customer service delivery call monitoring and resolving coverage disputes
- Oversees mandatory evacuation, fatality research and large loss prioritization oversight processes
- Provides vendor management and oversight of staffing needs (billing, security access, payment compliance, licensing requirements)
- Provides authorization for damage estimates and claim payments for moderately complex claims
- Compliance review spot-checks and delivery for NCT, agency impact reviews to resolve response pressures
- Oversight of NCT Complaint process including ASAP, Chairmans Team, BBB, Social Media, Department of Insurance, Agent Escalations, FNOL Closed Loop Feedback Cases, Home Office Customer Recovery, Field Manager, RCL, CFD and above escalations
- Oversight of agency hotline and digital correspondence inquiries
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for projects or as a committee team member
Training - Develop and Deliver
- Proactively uses technical expertise to identify opportunities and assess needs for training and development
- Advises contingent worker and Allstate management on coaching opportunities to assist with performance
- Acts as a resource to management on complex claim or coverage matters and high severity claims
- Assists in developing training
- May facilitate formal claim training, coaching, mentoring and feedback
Vendor File Review/Quality Assurance
- Conducts claims performance/quality/audit reviews
- Schedules and performs ride alongs and/or sit alongs
- Conducts service experience spot checks on deployed resources via phone and/or field visits during response activity
- Documents file with notes/direction, evaluations, and decision-making process
- Interacts with various levels of management to communicate audit findings and recommend solutions for continuous process improvement
- Assists AOR/NCT in achieving customer service goals
- Reviews statistical reports to assess claim performance, processes, or procedures and explains analysis as a result of the research
- Assists management in measurement of and developing strategies to address complex claim handling, opportunities in file quality, customer experience, and process execution through analysis of related measurements
- Assists management in creating, executing, and following up on action plans
- Participates in internal/external calibration activities and response debriefs
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or three plus years of equivalent property adjuster experience
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies broad knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies broad industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies broad knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies broad knowledge of problem-solving and preparation of reports for analysis
- Applies broad ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies broad negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies broad conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies broad problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Applies broad knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle complex claims
- Provides broad individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
Compensation and Benefits include:
- Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Learn more about Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
- This position has a competitive salary starting from 56,000
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click"here"for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click"here"for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.