Underwriting - Commercial Auto Underwriter
COMMERCIAL AUTO UNDERWRITER
Confidential Position Profile
The Company is the leader in the Non-Resident Auto Liability market and has been insuring Mexican cars and Commercial trucks traveling to the United States and Canada for over 25 years.
With annual sales that reach more than 25 million dollars and more than 3 million policies sold every year, The Company has more than 50% of market share, with the distinction of being the only company with more than 50 years of uninterrupted experience in the market.
The job of the Commercial Auto Underwriter is to apply the corporate underwriting framework and underwrite in a manner that is both prudent and forward thinking as well as aligned with corporate growth and profitability goals.
Scope of Responsibilities
• Support with pricing proposals that address rate needs and competitive issues.
• Product/State and Program results analysis.
• Competitive monitoring and analysis.
• Continually review underwriting guidelines in response to corporate results review, performance metrics, changing markets and competitive needs.
• Analyze market conditions, program focus, territorial exposures mapping.
• Analyze actuarial data to determine specific guidelines to position the company to reduce loss ratios, including but not limited to loss experience by state, line of business, etc., experience by underwriting factors by state, and experience by policy term.
• Coordinate decisions with marketing, actuarial and senior management, to develop and update company strategies.
• Provide input into the management of agent performance/results.
• Act as subject matter experts for Commercial Auto, providing training and support for operations, marketing and sales teams.
• Support and keep abreast of state legislative and regulatory changes.
• Ensure compliance with established underwriting guidelines through periodic transactional audits of agent and operations processes and decisions.
• Supervising and conducting routine and special underwriting review projects.
Desired Education and Industry Credentials & Competencies
• 5-10 years of recent industry experience to include advanced knowledge and understanding of domestic commercial auto products (auto liability, commercial general liability, cargo, trailer interchange, physical damage, etc.) fundamental underwriting principles.
• Demonstrated ability to lead complex underwriting assignments.
• Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
• Superior written and verbal communications capabilities.
• Understanding of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements.
• Prudent, balanced, and timely decision making skills.
• Ability and desire to efficiently manage a time sensitive and often heavy workload.
• Proficiency with Microsoft office applications including Access, Word, Excel and Power Point.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree a plus
• Continuing industry education progress toward or attainment of recognized designations; CPCU, P & C licensure, etc, a plus.
• Recent experience underwriting Commercial Auto programs and accounts.
• Experience in rate making, rate reviewing and actuarial analysis and risk management a plus.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Salary & Benefits
• Competitive Salary commensurate with skills experience
• Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
• Simple IRA Plan
Apply for Underwriting - Commercial Auto Underwriter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly