Liberty Mutual has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified legal paralegal who is a Corporate specialist, focusing on alternative investment classes with at least 6 to 8 years of experience. The new paralegal will be joining a collegial and experienced team of attorneys and paralegals responsible for providing legal assistance to Liberty Mutual Group's investment department.
- Provides an advanced level of paralegal support to the attorneys and legal professionals in the Investment Legal Group, with minimal supervision;
- Facilitates all equity and private debt transactions which includes review, drafting and processing of subscription agreements, amendments, as well as other deal documents;
- Collaborates in the review and facilitation of non-disclosure agreements;
- Provides support on SEC regulatory reporting requirements pursuant to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (including Form 13F and Schedule 13D and G);Develops a working knowledge of company resources sufficient to facilitate document management, respond to requests and inquiries, and interact with clients;
- Assists in training and serving as mentor to all levels of paralegals;
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Paralegal Certificate preferred;
- 6-8 years working experience as a Corporate Paralegal, or related role;
- Some knowledge of securities transactions and regulations as well as corporate governance;
- General knowledge of the structuring of various entities: LPs, LLCs, C-corps;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with clients worldwide;
- Ability to drive process and keen follow up skills required;
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail;
- Must be able to exercise independent judgement and to effectively prioritize work assignments;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and other Microsoft products, Excel, and corporate and legal databases.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.