Product Design Lead
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Product Design Lead / Product Design Strategist
The Global Risk Solutions (GRS) User Experience team strives to increase adoption and improve ease of use of our products to delight our customers. We do that by building a deep understanding of users' behaviors, needs and goals. In collaboration with teams across GRS, we support experiences that represent touchpoints and interactions our customers have with products and identify ways to improve their experiences by testing and learning. If you're an innovative UX strategist who wants to develop and implement experience strategies for complex businesses and customer processes, this opportunity may be the perfect fit for you.
In this role:
- Translate and Innovate - You will align with business, technical, and product leads to understand the business vision, objectives and transformation plans to help identify opportunities for competitive advantage.
- You will analyze cross-organizational experiences to identify inefficiencies, gaps, and opportunities to improve and innovate.
- You will provide UX input to assist with product investment decisions, product strategy, and product roadmap development across a number of portfolios.
- You will create user-centered design solutions for internal and external-facing experiences that feature ease of use, employ best-in-class interaction design, and optimize the user experience.
- You will work alongside other product designers on the team to help eleviate our approach to user experience research and design and promote the craft of UX across the organization to optimize how we think about and leverage UX.
- Serving in lead capacity on large, complex projects, creates user experience and visual design solutions for projects based on business objectives and user research.
- Proactively identifies the need for and initiates new, complex multi-step user flows using various design tools (e.g. experience and service design maps, journey maps, concepts, storyboards, wireframes and prototypes).
- Serves as subject matter expert in the defined UX and brand standards and the execution of visual, interaction and motion design.
- Analyzes impact of proposed changes and recommends new standards as needed and contributes to pattern library with markup.
- Leads the objective-setting and discovery process with support from team leadership, including user persona development and interpreting user goals.
- Collaborates with the Research Team to design and execute a variety of user research activities. Synthesizes and broadly communicates results of user research, concept testing, usability testing and quantitative analysis to make complex design recommendations. Acts as an advocate for the end user within a cross-functional team.
- Works collaboratively by sharing designs early and often, seeking constructive feedback and integrating feedback to improve solutions.
- Offers guidance and provides constructive feedback to other team members.
- Helps team members develop, strengthen and align their ideas with business and customer goals.
- As typically acquired through a Bachelor`s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of experience in a related field: Experience using methodologies such as Agile, Design Thinking, Lean UX, and Lean Startup.
- Familiarity with the following core disciplines, with demonstrated expertise in at least two and proficiency in two others: visual design, UX design, prototyping, front-end development, user research and/or experiment design.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the company.
- Proven ability to present projects and status reports to senior management.
- Strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with ability to translate complex content into user scenarios, flows and diagrams.
- Proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams.