GRM Casualty, BL Core, Claims Resolution Specialist
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Manages, investigates and resolves claims and assists in providing prompt and quality service to policyholders for mild to moderate severity and/or complexity claims
This is a range posting and will consider candidates between grades 11-14. Location preference is Portland or Spokane, but will consider other locations. Casualty experience preferred.
- Manages, investigates, and resolves claims. Investigates and evaluates coverage, liability, damages, and settles claims within prescribed authority levels.
- Identifies potential suspicious claims and refers to SIU and identifies opportunities for third party subrogation.
- Prepares for and attends trials, hearings and conferences and reports to Home Office and local management on status. Confers with trial counsel and prepares trial reports.
- Communicates with policyholders, witnesses, and claimants in order to gather information regarding claims, refers tasks to auxiliary resources as necessary, and advise as to proper course of action. Responds to various written and telephone inquiries including status reports.
- Ensures adequacy of reserves.
- Accountable for security of financial processing of claims, as well as security information contained in claims files.
- Updates files and provides comprehensive reports as required.
- Responsible for managing the practices and billing activities of outside and in-house counsel.
- Strong written and oral communications skills required.
- Good interpersonal, analytical, investigative, and negotiation skills required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Demonstrated competency of legal liability, general insurance policy coverage and State Tort Law.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and at least 12-18 months of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.