Director, Product Analysis
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Join our exciting team in Global Risk Solutions – North America Product and Actuarial – Industry Solutions!
The team is dedicated to supporting underwriters across National Insurance. The team's focus is on ensuring our underwriters and front-line employees are provided with the right tools and guidance to help them win in the market place. As a member of the Industry Practices Team you will work along-side other expert resources to create and align the go-to-market strategy and champion initiatives by working across all lines of business to ensure our product-set/coverage, pricing, risk control services and industry capabilities resonate with Brokers and Prospects/Customers. We are looking for individuals that are self-starters and have a solid foundational background in Product, Underwriting, Claims, Risk Control or other insurance functions that can be leveraged to help execute on industry specific strategies.
You will be responsible for taking the lead on initiatives supporting our industry verticals and new areas of future development, i.e. Energy, Renewables, Technology and other innovative areas of development. This will involve partnering with segment leaders to evaluate the marketplace and uncover areas of opportunity for growth. Thorough research will be conducted across coverage, appetite definition, risk selection, competitors and marketplace trends. You will work with a team to develop solutions across several functional areas to strengthen our value proposition and go to market success.
We are looking for talent that can help take us to the next level of industry strategies and expertise. This role will assume accountability for setting direction of assigned industries, making recommendations and implementing initiatives. This role will also collaborate and partner with other GRS functional areas including Underwriting Teams, Risk Control, Claims and Distribution to improve industry strategies.
Location: Boston, MA, Atlanta, GA, or Lake Mary, FL. Expectation is to be in-office at least partially in future when applicable.
- Determine strategies and drive execution for growth and profitability
- Build expertise, resources and tools and transfer that knowledge through field training, consultations, and our Industry Excellence Guides.
- Accountable for business planning, conducting analysis and building monitoring to keep leadership informed on industry progress.
- Conducts moderate to highly complex analysis, summarizes and presents findings to Executive Leadership to drive performance improvement, under minimal direction.
- Becomes subject matter expert for assigned industries and business segments, completes industry reviews, produces business cases for change, and manages implementations independently.
- Understands and drives goal alignment across your industries with Underwriting Field Leadership
- Accountable for consistency, usability and accessibility of industry-specific resources that drive improved quality and risk selection.
- Stays abreast of trends, coverage, service and pricing and ensure Liberty is a leading competitor
- Conducts ad hoc analysis of metrics and data mines reporting tools to drive actionable insights and support decision making.
- Serves as point person and project manager for industry implementations. Leads own work streams on all projects, provides structured project updates and prioritizes own work.
- Conducts in-depth research of competitor products utilizing various sources.
- Consults on underwriting business issues and product design considerations.
- Engages with broker industry practice leaders and experts; develops relationships to support market condition research.
- Presents at internal and external meetings and creates formal presentation and training materials.
- Provides technical training and user support to business groups.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field; MBA and CPCU/ACAS/FCAS preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years progressively more responsible experience, preferably insurance.
- Experience managing projects and providing structured updates on milestones and statuses
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint with ability to story board and present business problems, business cases for change, and solutions
- Must have exceptional planning, organizational, analytical, decision making, communication, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of product offerings, business processes, product line systems, underwriting rules, pricing plans and databases.
- Underwriting background or experience preferred
- Candidates with a commercial underwriting background preferred