The Manager of Business Operations partners with CorVel Executive Management and Field Operations Teams to develop consistent and efficient workflow processes. Responsible for translating the workflow process into standard business requirements best practices. Position ensures cohesive collaboration with the CorVel Development Team.
This position demands an individuals who has current expertise within CorVel's Network Solutions product lines. This includes but is not limited to: Bill Review, Professional Review, Directed Care, Pharmacy and Ceris. As a member of the Business Operations Team each member will be asked to utilize their expertise in a particular product line but not be limited to only working projects in that particular area.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time employees and includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, and paid time off.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Liaison between the field and development for products that fall under the Network Solutions umbrella (Bill Review, PPO, CareIQ, CCRX, EPPO)
- Lead and implement strategic and operational projects across CorVel
- Assess and develop efficiencies and outcome improvements for Network Solutions processes
- Serve as Bill Review Task Force member; lead regular bill review education calls
- Participate in establishing priorities, scope and return on investment (ROI) reviews
- Interface daily with Development Teams on prioritized projects; providing clarity and addressing questions on projects in progress
- Document business requirements for strategic requirements
- Meet with local operational teams and customers to identify areas of opportunity to include in projects
- Collaborate with Product Managers to define business needs and opportunities
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Network Solutions
- Performs other duties, including MBO projects, as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred
- At least 4 years prior, related experience required; demonstrated progressive leadership preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication; demonstrated ability to provide superior service to internal and external stakeholders
- Sense of urgency and ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment