Solutions Engineer - GRS Billing Solutions
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Solutions Engineer - GRS Billing Solutions
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
GRS Billing Solutions is actively searching for a Solutions Engineer to fill a key role supporting critical business delivery. In this role you will partner closely with our business and product owners, and work across agile delivery teams to develop customer-centric digital software products from idea to production. This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed, quality & diversity of thought; with a strong desire to drive change as we continue on our agile transformational journey.
About the job:
- As the Solutions Engineer you are responsible for leading the technical delivery of solutions that meet customer needs and align with technology guardrails & strategy.
- Makes recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Consults on major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Participates during incident management events and provides consultative recommendations on viable resolutions.
- Contributes toward forecasts of business and IT trends to define the technical direction within a portfolio, project or Market.
- Guides the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision. In coordination with Architecture, researches and makes innovative recommendations around new technologies.
- Responsible for prototyping complex, cross platform business solutions to validate newer technologies.
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards.
- Plans and manages execution of architecture migrations.
- Maintains collaborative and strategic partnerships between customers, vendors, business partners, and IT.
- Delivers artifacts, technical alternative documents and architectural designs that meet business and product features
- Oversees design reviews and frameworks.
- Contributes to decisions that impact profitability and operational effectiveness.
- Mentors staff to develop software systems development capabilities.
- Facilitates cross-team/train learnings, communication and alignment.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred. Generally a minimum of 10 years related experience. In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles. Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded. In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly. Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills. Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Experience or strong familiarity with the following: Modern full-stack development, distributed, microservices-style architectures, 12-factor design, Integration patterns (API & event-driven), CICD practices & testing frameworks, cloud infrastructure & services, agile development practices
- Tech Stack: NodeJS, AWS CDK, Angular, Java/SpringBoot, SQL/NoSQL, AWS (Lambda, S3, RDS, plus), Cloud Foundry, Git, Bamboo, Jira, Confluence