Commercial Auto Underwriting Operations Leader
About the Role
Join a nationally recognized program administrator and one of the largest writers of specialty commercial auto, towing and garage products as Underwriting Operations Leader. Your responsibilities focus on strategic development and execution of company objectives, improving underwriting performance, promoting specialized distribution strategies and creating a great team-based environment for employees to thrive.
Location: The underwriting team is located in New Orleans. Preference given to candidates living (or who are open to relocation) to New Orleans. However, a telecommuting schedule with a mixture of time spent in the office and working from home will be considered for individuals within a few hours of New Orleans including Baton Rouge, along the Gulf Coast, east Texas and Houston.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Hire, onboard and train new employees with the support of the HR and Operations teams.
- Lead a team of underwriters and underwriting assistants including weekly and ad-hoc company meetings.
- Set individual and team goals; monitor underwriting performance.
- Organize resources to accommodate workflow and improve operational efficiencies; identify opportunities for improvement and create solutions as needed.
- Create, implement and manage an underwriting risk assessment strategy. Expand underwriting account-specific knowledge that supports better decision making through risk assessment.
- Ensure team has necessary tools and resources to be successful in delivering the highest quality products to clients while meeting our service level goals.
- Implement changes to simplify service delivery and improve underwriting outcomes.
- Monitor underwriting support work effectiveness, efficiency, and accuracy. Conduct file audits to ensure guidelines and procedures are followed and performance metrics are achieved.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum ten (10) years of proven results in commercial auto underwriting and operations experience is required
- Experience in product development, distribution channel dynamics and territory expansion strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree; CPCU or continued education in insurance related courses a must
Product Specialties: Towing, Garage/Body Shops and Repair, Auto Dealerships
- Driven, results-oriented leader and self-starter
- Ability to coach, develop, motivate, lead and build a rapport with a team
- Analytical, tech savvy and adaptability to learn new systems quickly
- Knowledge of performance evaluation procedures
Apply for Commercial Auto Underwriting Operations Leader
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly