Investments Bank Loan Analyst
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Family Summary
The Bank Loan Support team is responsible for all aspects and accuracies of the AIMCO CLOs. The team is responsible for the AIMCO reporting needs, as defined by the Indenture, for both internal and external partners. In addition, the team generates all reporting requirements for CLOs for a variety of internal groups.Job Summary
The Bank Loan Analyst is primarily responsible for maintaining data integrity between Allstate, WSO Markit and our Trustees and to provide analysis and resolution when discrepancies are found. Act as back-up for Bank Loan and AIMCO trade settlement, report generation and validation, as well as the AIMCO monthly/payment reports and post-payment date reporting. It is critical for the Analyst to keep constant lines of communication open with various internal and external groups in regard to trade settlement status and discrepancy issues.Key Responsibilities
- Prepare AIMCO Determination Date reports, and coordinate, analyze, investigate, and resolve monthly discrepancies in timely manner with Trustee
- Prepare, reconcile and analyze quarterly AIMCO Payment Date reporting with Trustee and Auditors
- Support Front Office in addressing complex operational and technical issues and ensuring results are executed
- Apply problem solving skills, experience and judgement to analyze information
- Review and validate tax statements and audit reports on a quarterly and annual basis to be distributed to Investors
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Provide status to Supervisor
- Ability to work with all areas of Operations, Legal, Front Office and Trustee to ensure timeline trade settlement and accuracy of reporting
- Ability to work with external stakeholders, such as lawyers, bank officials, and trustees
- Participate in cross-team knowledge and awareness
Perform Other Duties as AssignedKnowledge/Skills/Abilities/Experience
General Working Knowledge
- General working knowledge of the Investment Industry
- Background in Structured Finance (ideally CLOs), Fund administration and/or Alternative Asset management strongly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Basic Indenture interpretation abilities and analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills to all levels of staff and management
- Good analytical and data analysis skills to help problem solve
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and a high degree of self-motivation
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and work assignments
Advanced Working Knowledge
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
- Experience with IHS Markit preferred
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Work independently, flexible and good organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- 1-3 years of financial reporting, investments or related experience
- Finance or Economics degree preferred
- Previous experience reviewing legal documents
- Intermediate querying skills and the ability to learn multiple applications, including database and reporting applications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.