Senior Data Architect - GRM US
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can play a key role helping to guide and foster the transformation of one of the largest industries in the world?
Do you believe that building trust through empathy and openness is essential to success in the evolving digital landscape?
Are you able to lead discussion with engineers, managers, executives, and product owners to build consensus?
If this describes you, then we would love to tell you more about the Senior Architect role with Liberty Mutual Insurance Global Retail Market US (GRM US).
About the role:
- Partner with business leadership to identify problems, and opportunities for technology innovation with a focus on DataWarehose implementations.
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Research, recommend, design and develop systems and application architecture.
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Tailor communication and convey complex ideas in a concise manner to a diverse set of audiences and venues.
- Identify and assess the organizational impact of enterprise architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes and structures with an emphasis on the DataWarehouse.
- Accelerate delivery by forming a network of positive relationships with vendors, and other influencers within the enterprise and beyond.
- Mentor architects, engineers and senior leadership alike. Inspire and lead senior technical individual contributors.
- Experience with gathering end user requirements and writing technical documentation
- Time management and multitasking skills to effectively meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to suggest innovative solutions based on new technologies and latest trends
- Proficiency in data modelling, very good understanding of data management concepts such as 3NF, Dimensional and their specific applications
- Very good knowledge of RDBMS topics, ability to write complex SQL, PL/SQL
- Understanding of performance tuning and troubleshooting aspects
- Understanding of data security and data access controls and design aspects
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Excellent client facing and team player skills
- Bachelor`s or Master's degree in technical discipline;
- 10+ years of architecture experience in applications development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment and 3+ years' experience working with snowflake.
- Expertise in Snowflake advanced concepts like setting up resource monitors, RBAC controls, virtual warehouse sizing, query performance tuning, Zero copy clone, time travel and understand how to use these features
- Expertise in deploying Snowflake features such as data sharing, events and lake-house patterns
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake utilities, SnowSQL and SnowPipe
- Expertise in SnapLogic Architecture (Cloudplex, Groundplex, Snaplex, Feedmaster).
- Experience in development of SnapLogic pipelines, configuration of pipelines and dashboard monitoring.
- Expertise in troubleshooting SnapLogic pipelines for issue resolutions.
- Experience deploying applications in cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, and can elaborate on the -aaS hierarchy.
- Experience in messaging platforms, protocols, and techniques such as Kafka, and event sourcing.
- Experience with CDC tools such as GoldenGate, Attunity/Qlik
- Experience with Event based application architecture and design
- Experience with defining and implementing canonical models
- Experience with MDM technologies such as Informatica or Reltio
- Experience in a wide variety of database technologies, from RDBMS like Oracle or DB2 to NoSQL systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra, or Elasticsearch, and can explain their varied use cases.
- SnowPro Advanced: Architect certification and/or Insurance industry experience is a plus.