Principal Data Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Liberty Mutual Global Cybersecurity (GCS) is actively hiring Data Engineers. This role is an important element of our modern Identity and Access Management Data Strategy that drives the best use of IAM data assets and visualizations to support operational and overall IAM health. You would be a member of a dynamic agile team that is focused on analysis, testing, documenting and implementing IAM Data Solutions.
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, we believe progress happens when people feel secure.
About the job:
Our Cybersecurity Organization is a diverse team of security professionals who are collectively responsible for improving the overall security posture of the organization. Cybersecurity team members must continually adapt to stay ahead of a dynamic threat landscape. We are expected to continually learn and grow. This is not a passive career opportunity, but rather one that requires a passion for data, security and rigor to protect our business.
In this role you will:
- Work with our data owners to enhance GCS IAM's best use of our data assets.
- Build and design complex data models and data architecture that improve accessibility, efficiency, governance and quality of data.
- Make recommendations for how to improve data and drive those recommendations forward.
- Build in-depth knowledge of technology enablers.
- Consults on designing and developing of complex solutions and tools to support ingestion, curation and provisioning of complex enterprise data to achieve analytics, reporting, and data science.
- Support can include but is not limited to identifying issues/defects, transition planning, and knowledge sharing efforts.
This role might be for you if you have:
- A senior technical professional background with knowledge of Agile development methodologies, IAM, and data engineering.
- Generally 8+ years related experience with an understanding of Identity and Access Management.
- In-depth knowledge of data analytics, processing and BI tools.
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Able to make difficult and quick decisions daily with limited supervision and often with competing priorities and varying degrees of urgency.
- Able to influence a diverse group of stakeholders at various levels in the organization.
- 8+ years of data analytic or engineering experience
- Understanding of data analytics, processing and BI tools .
- An ability to code in multiple languages, including an object-oriented language.
- A thorough grasp of technology concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Bachelors or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience