Product Owner II, Cyber Security Operations Center
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Product Owner II, Cyber Security Operations Center
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
This role will work in the Liberty Mutual Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) team using operational and agile methods to deliver key technology and services in direct alignment with business strategies.
Defines and prioritizes the product backlog, sets quality standard for delivery, represents customer to the operational and agile teams. Operates at the intersection of Business and Technology to maintain alignment and deliver products that strengthen our security posture, reduce risk, and improve customer satisfaction. Responsible for articulating and translating strategy for specific product(s) into prioritized features and stories within the backlog. Accountable for outcomes and KPI's tied directly to objectives.
About this job:
- Responsible for articulating and translating product vision into feature(s) and tactics for products. Communicate product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members. Contributes to the creation of product vision, and roadmaps with business partner and application manager support.
- Defines minimum viable product (MVP) for products/features in scope. Owns team backlog (grooming, prioritization, and refinement). Helps key stakeholders to better understand the product vision.
- Responsible and accountable for performance indicators (KPI's) and manages features or product(s) with a high degree of KPI, scope, complexity, etc.
- Works day to day with operational teams clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating, and gaining alignment around feature or product strategy. Has some knowledge of customer-driven design and usability test principles.
- Ensures delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear, and partners with Director to align resources, remove barriers for team members and resolve open issues/questions quickly and efficiently. Acts as the voice of the customer.
- Analyzes feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, or other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Sets the quality standard for delivery. Develops test plans (user story acceptance criteria), accepts each story and potentially features and participates in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality, provide feedback to team and improve team processes. Partners across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training, and support.
- Manages delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently.
- Communicates the feature or product strategy effectively to key stakeholders, team members, and management. Incorporates stakeholder input into product roadmap while effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer
- Bachelors` degree in relevant field (business, computer science, etc.). Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7+ years` experience in business, engineering, technology and/or
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and IT project management.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security Operations Centers - both operations and technologies.
- Knowledge of Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) use case development.
- Knowledge of Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) technology.
- Knowledge of process improvement, and organizational change management.
- Knowledge of key business drivers of cybersecurity – governance, risk, compliance, regulatory obligations, and data privacy legislations.
- Displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills.
- Advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
- Experience managing a suite of vendor products and applications.
- Able to depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; educate SBU/department(s) on business vision and plan and the impact of change.
- Able to make difficult and quick decisions on a daily basis.
- Able to influence a diverse group of stakeholders through strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress.
- Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty.