Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryTravelers has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technology Engineer in our Cybersecurity practice to join the talented Identity and Access Management team. This position is to design, build and implement automation of solutions to support Identity Management related activities for Travelers employees. This position requires excellent problem solving and customer service skills in a team-oriented environment.
Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for establishing and managing to established quality control and security protocols.
- Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s).
- Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement optimal technology solutions.
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, required.
- Three years of experience in Technology required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Five years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Experience providing technical direction to project teams preferred.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Expert knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills: Foundational IT Infrastructure, Operating Systems, Software.
- Knowledge of process discipline and Agile, IDLC methodologies
- Highly self-motivated and passionate about continuous learning.
- Experience with identity provisioning, authentication, authorization, and web access management concepts.
- Hands on experience with MFA technologies (Duo, etc.)
- Familiarity with identity provisioning technologies (SailPoint, etc.)
- Experience with distributed database technologies and development (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.).
- Experience with LDAP based directories.
- Experience working with a highly available and scalable production environment preferred.
- Experience with software release cycles, source code management (Subversion, Github) and application build processes (Jenkins, UCD).
- Familiarity with Cloud based applications (Azure, AWS, Okta, GCP) and concepts.
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows based operating systems.
- Familiarity with application server technologies.
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely interact with team members, document work in a clear, easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members,
take in loosely scoped requirements and ask the right questions to ensure clarification, seek out and receive constructive criticism well and listen when others are speaking.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Frequency)
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
- Oncall /weekend support as needed.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.