Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision, the Inside Sales Executive is responsible for managing and developing a sales territory consisting of Independent Agencies of varied profiles. Achieving success will include: optimizing the growth potential of assignments; exceeding or meeting year over year growth and profit objectives; utilizing Travelers sales tools within a consultative sales framework; developing competitor intelligence; and collaborating with team members in the office, region, home office, and business center on product, pricing, agency management decisions and works well in a team/office environment.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for Independent Agency assignments. Applies agency diagnostics and segmentation. Identifies opportunities to cross sell Travelers products and shares information with other sales execs and or agents. May facilitate workshops via webinar.
Influencing the Sales:
- Responsible for profitable development of agencies within agency assignments. Influences agents to quote and sell Travelers products to customers. Executes the sales strategy of growing Travelers market share within their agency assignment. Articulates a sales process that is mutually beneficial, and identifies solutions to agency needs, providing consistent follow through with agents, peers, and other team members. Insure that agency staffs are fully trained (products, automation for quoting and HQ in total).
- Completes strategic plan for agency assignment to identify opportunities and potential challenges from which strategies and tactics are developed. Builds and uses best practices regarding agency operations, works consultatively to follow up with plans, holds owners accountable for agreed upon actions. Diagnosis agencies' interests and ability to grow business and motivates agents to succeed. Initiates marketing strategies/processes to attract and retain new business. Recommends business solutions and programs to meet objectives. Has thorough knowledge of Travelers' computer systems and PIs platform and can assist agencies when needed. Understands Travelers Enterprise focus and appetites and seizes opportunities to cross-sell Travelers products by initiating cross-functional meetings. Stays current on product/pricing changes. Articulates company position and seeks out business with appropriate agencies to meet objectives.
- Communications skills are strong, professional both verbally and written. Drive results through regular contact with agency assignment and effective communications backed with diagnostics/mutually agreed upon plan. Assumes personal responsibility for achieving outcomes, working collaboratively with all. Dependable/responsible. Able to communicate and explain difficult situations and achieve buy-in.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional sales experience is required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors' degree preferred.
- Industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Solid knowledge of Personal Insurance products.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office products with ability to manipulate data in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint quickly and accurately
Licensing or Certificates
- Not Required.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Must be able to multitask priorities and drive results with a large span of control.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills (phone, face-to-face, presentations).
- Adept interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, and influence agency behavior.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.