Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision, leads policy and/or non-policy forms initiatives and projects. Includes design, development, analysis and maintenance of Personal insurance coverage forms, coverage rules, contracts and non-policy forms. May focus solely on non-policy forms. Strong awareness of capabilities of Coverage, Competitor & Forms Analysis Team. Able to actively represent team from a product and leadership perspective.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops product and coverage strategies and product development initiatives in conjunction with National Underwriting, and National Product Design/Strategy teams. Regularly creates and conducts formal presentations.
- Independently implements product & coverage strategies through the creation and/or revisions of policy coverage forms, rules and contracts as well as non-policy forms. Drafts contract and form language. Creates filing documentation and responses for Departments of Insurance.
- Independently creates and/or revises non-policy forms including but not limited to the following: Option selection forms, important notices, Quote acceptance packages, Fillable forms, adverse decision letters and any other pertinent non-policy forms.
- Presents and seeks input from key stakeholders such as PI Legal and Claims to gain agreement and/or approvals of forms.
- Conducts impact analysis, shares with other Product teams and executes changes to forms to comply with state laws and regulations.
- Provides advanced coverage analysis expertise & direction for policy and/or non-policy forms.
- Conducts competitor coverage analysis, and makes recommendations for coverage and forms strategies. Creates side-by-side coverage comparisons for filing documentations and other purposes.
- Contributes to the development of PI coverage philosophy and processes, based on an advanced understanding of property/ casualty insurance and/or contracts. Understands the impact of such decisions on field constituents such agents, business centers, call centers, field sales and consumers.
- Adheres to policy and non-policy form workflow processes and controls. Meets or exceeds quality and timeliness goals. Makes recommendations for workflow and process improvements for both the Coverage, Competitor, & Forms Analysis Team as well as for the business centers and their use of policy and non-policy forms.
- Develops communication, documentation, training and marketing materials in order to communicate coverage and/or non-policy forms information to internal and external customers. Conducts training presentations when needed.
- Serves as a resource for Product Management/State Teams, Claims, Sales, Business Centers, and Underwriting staff for direction and training on the coverage intent and application of PI forms and contract language; provides clear and concise work products in the form of policy and/or non-policy forms with detailed recommendations, explanations and rationale. Provides consulting services for form content/design, system and compliance issues.
- Performs accountabilities with advanced understanding of the quote, issuance and publishing systems to facilitate the development of policy and non-policy forms. Provides consultation on development of forms.
- May direct others as part of a cross functional team or project team.
- May represent Travelers as the coverage/contract expert for industry committees such as ISO and AIA.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 5 years of Personal Insurance experience in the areas of policy and/or non-policy form work.
- Personal insurance forms/product development, claims or legal experience.
- Advanced understanding of insurance products, systems, contracts, forms, coverage, distribution channels, regulatory environment and insurance financials.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Visio.
- General knowledge of Impromptu or similar query tool. Ability to collect data from data marts or willingness and ability to develop these skills.
Licensing or Certificates
- Preferred: matriculation in CPCU, IIA, or other recognized insurance designations (examples: CPCU, ARM, CIC).
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Leading the Business:
- Advanced leadership, innovation and initiating skills.
- Results driven.
- Advanced understanding of regulatory & compliance issues as well as Department of Insurance filing processes.
- Customer-focused orientation (agent and consumer).
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of Personal Insurance systems, coverage, rules and contracts and/or non-policy forms.
- Leading Self:
- Advanced oral and written communication skills with ability to influence at all levels of the organization. Includes the ability to communicate intent of contract and non-policy form language to all levels of the organization. Includes creating and drafting forms. Strong presentation skills.
- Advanced organization and time management skills. Attention to detail.
- Advanced ability to comprehend and communicate intent of contract language as well as interpret inter-relationships of coverages across contracts/forms.
- Advanced critical thinking and analysis skills to conceptualize, synthesize and resolve coverage, policy language and non-policy forms issues.
- Advanced ability to analyze and develop competitive information, understanding changing legal climate and make appropriate coverage recommendations and decisions.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.