PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Exciting new opportunity for someone who is self-motivated, thrives in a fast paced environment, and is passionate about creating engaging internal communications and delivering results. The Senior Internal Communications Specialist will own crafting, delivering, and maintaining content to engage ICW Group's employee base. Successful candidates will have experience developing and executing communication strategies across teams and supporting the development and improvement of internal communication platforms. This position exists to promote employee engagement through internal communications that support implementation of corporate strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops and crafts internal company communications that reinforce Company culture.
- Develops and implements a companywide internal communications strategy, inclusive of all key channels and audiences, to build employee engagement and increase alignment and execution of the organization's strategic priorities.
- Develops an editorial calendar of internal messages that will be pushed through a variety of communication mediums such as email, face-to-face, videos, events, webinars, skip level meetings, townhalls, etc.
- Keeps employees in all office locations informed on important organizational news and updates in a timely, relevant, and engaging manner, including region-specific updates.
- Ensures delivery of regular team member communications through a range of channels, ensuring ease of access to communications, clarity, and consistency of messaging. Among other communications, this includes the creation and deployment of monthly newsletter and development and execution of a bi-weekly CCTV news channel.
- Produces and creates all communications for the Executive team, including Town Halls and other key, all-hands engagement opportunities, ensuring consistent style and approach. This includes ghostwriting byline articles and company blog content on behalf of leadership.
- Assists in managing change through delivery of key messages and assessing the impact of communications.
- Identifies and reports quantitative measures of communication effectiveness and engagement, evaluates, and recommends appropriate changes. Such as: SEO effectiveness of Ultipro (job posting site), Google analytics and Pardot engagement metrics, Poppulo metrics and A/B testing of message delivery effectiveness
- Utilizes a range of digital platforms including digital communication channels – slack, Jabber, intranet platform, Microsoft Teams, social medial channels, and e-mail communications.
- Leverages technology for video production, as well as email and face to face (live and zoom) communication (open forums and town halls) to deliver content and reinforce messages.
Serves as the primary point of contact for internal Company communications.
- Implements integrated communications plans to publicize products, services, and executive thought leadership to employees.
- Works with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company's strategy and in support of various communication initiatives.
- Collaborates and engages with company leadership and key stakeholders to understand business objectives and deliver appropriate internal communication content.
- Develops feedback channels throughout the organization to gauge the effectiveness of different approaches and channels of communication, working to proactively identify and assess new technologies and tools to drive employee engagement.
- Coordinates internal department inquiries and initiatives, including oversight of the HR Communications e-mail boxes, ensuring all content and responses are timely, relevant, and appropriate.
- Adheres to the company's style guide, ensuring the production of high-quality and error-free copy.
- Provides copywriting and proofreading support for marketing and communications teams as needed to help ensure consistency of tone and messaging, including but not limited to press releases, brochures, ads, web pages, and other promotional materials.
- Acquires and maintains a detailed knowledge of the company's policies, principles, and strategies, and keeps up to date with relevant developments.
- Works closely with key members from the Marketing team including the PR and Brand Strategy team to develop a joint content calendar, ensuring all internal and external content are linked and similar in style.
- Develops a 5-year strategic internal communications plan and leads annual execution.
Leads development and execution of an Enterprise Intranet strategy.
- Works with the IT department to develop systematic means of employee engagement through communications, including the re-development of an employee portal.
- Manages all aspects of the intranet/employee portal, ensuring content is relevant, interesting, current, accurate, and consistent in style.
- Researches, sources, develops, and writes content ensuring it is credible, timely, informative, to a high standard so that it is well received by employees, working in partnership with HR Leadership Team and Marketing to ensure consistency of Brand voice and tone.
- Helps plan and deliver ongoing projects to keep the intranet evolving, exciting, and current.
- Creates a network of content owners and publishers to ensure all departments have the capability to maintain and update their information.
Manages Company's Social Media platforms including content development, for Human Resource goals.
- Manages social media accounts ensuring regular activity and online presence goals are met.
- Solicits, drafts, and reviews HR content for use on all approved social media accounts to ensure information is accurate and brand compliant.
- Utilizes LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, among other social media platforms to promote internal initiatives and campaigns while strengthening employee engagement.
- Collaborates with internal departments on social media campaigns and content ideas.
- Tracks, benchmarks, and analyzes media coverage and social media Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); provides recommendations for continuous improvement.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Communications, English, Marketing, Journalism, or related field.
Minimum 5-7 years of progressive experience in Internal communications.
Minimum 2-3 years of experience producing and using video, social media, and other communication technologies/tools effectively.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Knowledge of business to business (B2B) communications, preferably in the financial services industry. Demonstrated experience running projects with rigorous deadlines required. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Experience with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot, Poppulo and Hubspot a plus. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and other Office programs. Creative ability with excellent attention to detail. Strong writing skills required. Ability to brainstorm with and without others to create content from minimal direction. Ability to apply principles of market trends and logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical projects. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret customer requirements, marketing reports, technical performance reports, and other marketing and public relations related documents. Must be able to read, write, and speak English effectively. Strong organizational and planning abilities. Ability to create engaging internal communications and delivering results. Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.