Underwriting Specialist, Ironshore Wholesale Property
The Underwriting Specialist underwrites new and renewal business for Ironshore's national wholesale property department in Boston with a focus on large schedules and complex risks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Underwriting analysis of All Risk, and DIC property submissions;
- Evaluates exposure on general classes of property insurance with a concentration in windstorm, earthquake and other catastrophic perils;
- Risk analysis of coverage terms on company forms and manuscript policy wording;
- Determination and negotiation of premium and coverages;
- Reviews risk control report on new business and existing accounts;
- Participates in client renewals meetings;
- Markets to wholesale brokers, keeping partners informed of risk appetite and recent successes; preference for experience in SalesForce.
- Participates in Peer Review audits of account files and maintains own account files appropriately;
- Communicates and collaborates within own team and across the organization, inclusive of Claims, Home Office Underwriting, other Ironshore Property counterparts and GRS Distribution
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Preference will be given to expertise in catastrophe underwriting;
- Minimum 6 years' property underwriting experience with at least 2 years the wholesale shared / layered commercial property insurance environment;
- Knowledge of risk engineering and risk control reports;
- Experience in the development and review of Probable Maximum Loss (PML) analysis, as well at CAT aggregate management.
- Ability to make decisions according to rules, regulations and procedures;
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.