PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to drive the identification, assessment, and selection of top talent for positions across the enterprise through the design and implementation of effective recruitment strategies, selection practices and candidate and client management. This position will evaluate the talent acquisition needs of the organization and continuously evaluate and improve the way we recruit to achieve business goals. This position exists to build a strategic recruiting function that serves as a consultative partner to our business and drives disciplined and inclusive talent practices and quantifiable outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads a centralized enterprise full cycle recruitment strategy including sourcing, identifying, screening, and on-boarding a diverse and qualified applicant pool for all levels of placement on a timely and effective basis.
- Creates a recruitment plan and goals based on growth and turnover projections and other business objectives.
- Drives the execution of an innovative, cost-effective recruitment plan and the creation and monitoring of associated programs, processes, and measurements to achieve strategic goals and talent objectives.
- Develops best-in-class strategies and procedures to build talent pipelines through sourcing candidates, developing candidate pools, and performing Boolean searches to identify the best candidates.
- Participates in and hosts recruitment events to drive awareness of our company.
- Identifies and recruits top talent through local and national recruiting efforts, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources, as well as developing and employing new, creative recruiting ideas to talent acquisition needs.
Manages the employer brand and ensures a consistent and positive candidate and client experience across the enterprise and fosters a high-performance culture. Seeks to continuously improve every stage of the recruitment life cycle.
- In partnership with Enterprise Marketing, develops and implements employer branding, communication, and promotions strategies to enhance the client and applicant experience and create favorable responses.
- Develops roadmap for candidate and client management that optimizes applicant and hiring manager time, elicits engagement, and enhances satisfaction with processes.
- Oversees an onboarding program that provides essential information and creates excitement for hired Team Members.
- Conducts post on-boarding surveys to assess success in engaging new Team Members.
- Engages effective negotiating strategies for terms and conditions of employment that satisfy candidates and adhere to budget parameters.
- Periodically meets with hiring managers and executive leaders to assess Talent Acquisition performance.
- Works with Vendor Management Office to identify and procure staffing-related vendors, negotiate fees, review contracts, and identify staffing needs and cost savings opportunities.
- Manages external partnerships with colleges, job boards, and staffing vendors.
- Partners with leadership and collaborates with peers across the company to provide best practices in acquisition and engagement, recommends HR process improvements and implements system enhancements that position ICW as an employer of choice.
Participates in planning, development and administration of engagement programs/initiatives designed to foster a high-performance culture and enhance retention.
- Advises HR team in areas including but not limited to recruitment and staffing strategies, labor market conditions, etc.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with changing, multi-state employment compliance requirements.
- Collaborates with other HR Team Members to ensure effective alignment and hand-offs for intersecting processes.
- Partners with other members of HR leadership to manage a process of organizational development by collectively evaluating organization structure, job designs, and implementing succession planning to ensure continuity for critical roles and functions.
- Partners with learning and development to implement training programs to support recruitment and hiring effectiveness.
- Employs analyses gathered from succession planning, talent management and other initiatives to recommend plans and programs to meet the company's goals.
Manages the Recruitment module and applicant tracking system of the HRIS system leveraging quantitative and qualitative data.
- Works closely with HRIS & Compensation Specialist to ensure recruitment system operates in an effective manner for candidates, hiring managers and approvers.
- Develops accurate and robust reporting for staffing reports that aid in the management of the function.
- Recommends and maintains recruitment metrics. On a regular basis, analyzes metrics and key processes, implements, and recommends process improvements that will assist in meeting standards and/or targets.
- Creates metrics, scorecards, and dashboards to evaluate talent acquisition effectiveness including source of hire, cost per hire, time-to-fill, etc.
- Ensures an EEO/AAP compliant selection process including reporting and internal education.
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of our business, the market, our competition, and emerging trends within the talent acquisition industry.
Develops and leads a team of Talent Acquisition professionals.
- Provides strategic, tactical, and daily direction to the Talent Acquisition team. Communicates Mission, Values, and other organization operating principles to direct reports.
- Establishes and maintains the overall work cadence and, in partnership with department leadership, ensures performance and outcomes strive for excellence in delivery and customer experience. Ensures that the entire team is engaged and that leadership practices encourage development, recognition, and retention.
- Establishes and adheres to hiring criteria, on-boarding, and training requirements for incoming staff.
- Oversees the performance management and development process for the team and performs performance management duties, development planning and coaching for direct reports.
- Acts as a resource for team members to answer questions and solve complex problems.
- Manages budget, technology, and other resources, workload, and customer requests for Department services. Ensures adherence to all Company policies and procedures and Compliance responsibilities.
- Ensures data quality, adherence to IT security guidelines, profitability and other risk-related metrics for self and members of the team.
Directly supervises employees within the Talent Acquisition team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting performance and salary reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; coaching, mentoring, and developing team members to further their skills and knowledge; creating and monitoring development plans; setting performance expectations/goals; forecasting staffing needs and planning for peak times and absences; enforcing department policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
Minimum 7 years of experience in recruitment and/or staffing required.
Minimum 3 years of leadership experience required.
Experience with full-cycle, high volume recruiting in a corporate environment required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
LinkedIn Recruiter certification preferred. SHRM and/or other professional recruiting designations desirable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Demonstrated experience with employee value propositions and employer branding initiatives. Demonstrated proficiency in strategic planning, including developing and implementing recruitment plans. Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills. Ability to foster relationships with internal teams, external partners, and candidates. Demonstrated good judgment, particularly in assessing candidates' suitability for positions. Advanced skills in the use of technology, particularly HRIS/Applicant Tracking systems and Microsoft Office applications. Strong analytical mindset with the ability to identify metrics and data to back up your strategy, programs, and ideas. Solid understanding of sourcing techniques and tools (e.g., social media). Working knowledge of best practice HR Policies and Procedures and California and Federal employment laws as they pertain to recruitment processes. Demonstrated knowledge of targeted selection & behavioral interviewing techniques. Must have a positive approach to people and problem solutions along with a strong sense of discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality. Strong influencing and consultation skills required. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, and employ direct but diplomatic interaction with candidates, HR team and hiring managers. Ability to multitask and prioritize a must. A wide degree of creativity, near- and long-term recruiting vision, business understanding, and personal organization is required. Solid project management skills. Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams. Ability to work with mathematical concepts and trending analysis. Ability to calculate ROI of projects and articulate financial results. Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Director level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.